+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate extension gone wrong

nash2333

Feb 6, 2010
I am firstly amazed with the information available at this forum.
I am in Canada since two years and completed my post graduate program in sept 2008, slow job market after graduation in my field landed me a job in Category C in my post graduate work visa for a year..my LMO applied was negative and so..
Questions??
1..I have exhausted my PG work visa and am on implied status which has a week remaining but I have another employer who is willing to file for an LMO..in category B, can I continue my stay while waiting for the reply of this LMO???
2. Just to be on the safe side I also applied for student permit.. But it takes 3-4 weeks to hear which will be after the implied status.. Can I continue my stay In Canada??

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
nash2333 said:
I am firstly amazed with the information available at this forum.
I am in Canada since two years and completed my post graduate program in sept 2008, slow job market after graduation in my field landed me a job in Category C in my post graduate work visa for a year..my LMO applied was negative and so..
Questions??
1..I have exhausted my PG work visa and am on implied status which has a week remaining but I have another employer who is willing to file for an LMO..in category B, can I continue my stay while waiting for the reply of this LMO???
2. Just to be on the safe side I also applied for student permit.. But it takes 3-4 weeks to hear which will be after the implied status.. Can I continue my stay In Canada??
What do you mean by "implied status which has a week remaining"?

r.lyn2010

Apr 17, 2010
i will have the same situation with you later on..i want to know what are the inputs of others?! :) im arriving canada by april end..for a 1 year culinary course..after 1 year..my issues is extending or getting initial work permit.. :)