+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-Graduate Diploma of MARKETING in Camosun College...???

R.V.

Apr 8, 2015
I have applied for Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing with optional internship in September 2015 intake. The duration of the course is 12 Months + 4 Months of Optional-Internship (TOTAL 16 Months) & the whole course is in continuation without any vacations in between. My first query is that what will be the duration of VISA for this Course. Will it be 16 months or 2 years. My second query is that after the completion of complete course including Internship what will be the duration of work permit alloted. Will it be (16 months) or (two to three years)......??????
Eagerly waiting for a relevant reply.

R.V.

Apr 8, 2015
Is any one there to help me out....??? :(
i really need an urgent help to clarify things more clearly.......
Hoping 4 a response

tunyodat

Apr 22, 2015
Hi, am also confused about this program, but mine is post graduate diploma in human resources but they are grouped under same business administration same duration stating 1 to 2years , what I don't understand is , is one year for full time while 2years is for part time? Because went I called them they said I can decide to spread the program for 2 years or finished up in 1 year also the admission department said the admission letter will state 2years .

shubham92

Mar 8, 2015
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/6/2015
IELTS Request
7 bands
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
Passport dispatched on 30/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
1/7/2015
LANDED..........
soon
Hi R.V. and tunyodat...i have got an offer letter for PG diploma in marketing too and i had the same confusion about the visa so i enquired that with my consultants, there is no issue with that because you will still get the visa as per a 2 year program.

Another issue i have is with the course relevancy...i have done BE(Electronics and communication), therefore there are people who are creating alot of confusion in my head regarding my visa success.

Can you guys please share your profile and give me some advice about this!!

tunyodat

Apr 22, 2015
Hi shubhan, all you need to is write a good letter of intent for the visa application, maybe staying that you have a passion for marketing and all that..I would like to ask you, what duration did ur consultant said is the work permit if going for the program?

shubham92

Mar 8, 2015
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/6/2015
IELTS Request
7 bands
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
Passport dispatched on 30/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
1/7/2015
LANDED..........
soon
They told me that the course goes something like this....you complete your 4 semesters of studies in the first 16 months and then u have the internship option which is very much recommended if you are looking for a future in the same field in which you do ur post grad.

However..it does not matter whether u take the internship or not bcz you will still get the same visa which a student normally gets for a 2 year program in canada(i.e. 3 years work permit after the post graduation)

have u already submitted the fees?

SH-86

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2015
Passport Req..
01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015
i have been admitted to George Brown College for a 1 year Post-graduate certificate (diploma) program in Strategic Relationship Marketing with coop - the thing is, I have already done my MBA (from Pakistan) in Human Resource Management.

I started my career with a job in HR, but then switched my field to marketing after 1.5 years, and now have been working as an assistant manager marketing (and customer relations) for the past 3.5 years (total work experience a little short of 5 years).

I feel, since I don't have a professional degree or diploma in marketing, it hinders my growth in my chosen field.
This program (strategic relationship marketing) focuses on data mining and how the same can then be used to segment customers accordingly - is highly relevant to my current job profile, and I am sure would help me in my career progression..

Now my question is, will my application be even considered for a study permit? I have heard candidates who have already done their masters and then opt for PG programs get rejected. The chances of their applications being approved are very very slim.

Is there anyone who has already done their MBA or masters and applied for PG program got approved??Please do share your experiences and opinions on this....