+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Certificate (6 Months Distance Learning) Applicable ?

avhiphop

May 4, 2018
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

I am pursuing a Post Graduate Certificate in Gandhi and Peace Studies from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) in India, which is an open distance learning programme with minimum duration of 6 months and maximum 2 years.

IGNOU is listed in the Degree Equivalency Tool of WES, however it is mentioned for Bachelors and Masters. The Tool is not helpful finding out the Canadian equivalency for certificates. I even contacted them via email regarding this query however they replied in a generic way saying I should simply use the free Tool.

My query is that I have only completed a 4-Year Bachelors Degree and after I complete my Post Graduate Certificate will I be eligible for the "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" category to avail extra CRS points ?

Regards,
aVi

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello Everyone,

I am pursuing a Post Graduate Certificate in Gandhi and Peace Studies from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) in India, which is an open distance learning programme with minimum duration of 6 months and maximum 2 years.

IGNOU is listed in the Degree Equivalency Tool of WES, however it is mentioned for Bachelors and Masters. The Tool is not helpful finding out the Canadian equivalency for certificates. I even contacted them via email regarding this query however they replied in a generic way saying I should simply use the free Tool.

My query is that I have only completed a 4-Year Bachelors Degree and after I complete my Post Graduate Certificate will I be eligible for the "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" category to avail extra CRS points ?

Regards,
aVi
Yes, it will be considered as Two or more certificates.

vijay.singh

Oct 2, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Regards,
aVi
Hi, Has your 6 mnth certificate been evaluated by WES?

avhiphop

May 4, 2018
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi, Has your 6 mnth certificate been evaluated by WES?
Hi Vijay,

Instead of the certificate, I completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning and Development from IGNOU which was of 1-Year in length. I got successful evaluation of Two or More Certificates, Diplomas or Degrees from WES. Just remember that the second certificate, diploma or degree you pursue has to be of minimum 1-Year only then you will get "Two or more ..." evaluation from WES.

Thanks,
avhiphop

vijay.singh

Oct 2, 2018
Hi Vijay,

Instead of the certificate, I completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning and Development from IGNOU which was of 1-Year in length. I got successful evaluation of Two or More Certificates, Diplomas or Degrees from WES. Just remember that the second certificate, diploma or degree you pursue has to be of minimum 1-Year only then you will get "Two or more ..." evaluation from WES.

Thanks,
avhiphop
Thanks for your help!!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello Sir,
Are you sure that a 6 month certification course from IGNOU do gets considered by WES.
Please guide me through this. Thanks
You have mentioned 6 months to 2 Years. That's why I said yes. The minimum duration of a university course to be considered is either 2 semesters or 1 year.