+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-Grad permit expired .. Few Options available, but have questions. Help!!!!

yupanin

Jun 25, 2012
Hi Everybody

I have a few questions to ask you guys and hoping for your expertise on the topic.

I have currently finished my MA in Canada. Prior to this I have studied for my BSc and have worked for 2 years under my Post-Grad work permit. At this moment I have few options available to me - PNP, LMO and marriage. My post-grad work permit expired in April 2012.

According to my lawyer it will take about 9-12 months to get the first stage of PNP and get a work permit as an applicant based on completion of the Masters degree (without employer). I was wondering if that is the case and does it take that long?

The second questions is with regards to Off-campus Work Permit. I hold a study permit until December 2013, I was wondering if I can apply for the work permit even though I have finished my studies?

Finally the last question. If my girlfriend and I decide to make things official (we have been dating for a long time and have been talking about marriage before) how long would it take for me to obtain my Work permit.

As you can see I am mainly concerned with being able to work here. FYI my degree is in MA Financial Economics if that makes a difference.

Thank you in advance for any advice or help you can provide!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll help you with one question...

If you marry your girlfriend and apply inland, you will qualify for a work permit 11 months after you submit the sponsorship application.

If you marry your girlfriend and apply outland, you will qualify to work in Canada once your sponsorship application has been approved and you have landed in Canada as a permanent resident.

yupanin

Jun 25, 2012
scylla said:
I'll help you with one question...

If you marry your girlfriend and apply inland, you will qualify for a work permit 11 months after you submit the sponsorship application.

If you marry your girlfriend and apply outland, you will qualify to work in Canada once your sponsorship application has been approved and you have landed in Canada as a permanent resident.

Thank you very much for your reply!