+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post First landing Bank A/C opening from offshore

kmrohanahmed

Apr 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Unknown!
NOC Code......
Dear All-
Can you please help me out in regards to opening of a bank a/c. I have completed my first landing in 2016 and left Canada. I am currently planning to settle down in Canada and would like to open a bank a/c before moving there. This will help me to establish my banking activities (e.g. transferring money from outside) before I move with my family there.
Will highly appreciate if you can please share any experience if you have opened a bank a/c under the circumstances and if yes then which bank is preferred.
Thanks a lot in advance!

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
For personal banking I have found TD fairly reasonable. Though shop around with the big five. Most of them have started to realize that immigrants are the only real growth market in Canada so they have been selling some decent packages for newcomers. Big five are RBC, Scotia Bank, TD Canada Trust, BMO, CIBC.

Opening an account while not in Canada has some challenges. It is easy enough, but I suggest once you have settled on a bank call them directly to help you get it set up. Biggest issue is you can put money in but cannot withdraw until you have physically came in and provided evidence of your identity.

Good luck

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY