+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
You should submit both if you can, however, it is not needed. You don't need to prove qualifications for which you are not claiming points however in some cases IRCC asked for these documents. For instance, you completed Masters and for this, you would have needed some other Post-Secondary Degree. So, IRCC asks for these documents just to verify that you were actually eligible for such programs and it is not an Institute issuing Degree without following proper procedures.

I hope you will understand the point I am trying to make here. Good Luck.
Thanks Bill. Makes sense to upload both then. A couple of other Qs.

1. Do you think its better to upload the empty pages of the passport as well and not just the stamped pages?

2. I got PCC for a country where I spent about 120 days. I am considering just uploading it since i've taken it (and explain this in the LOE) though it is likely they won't ask for it.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt , I got respose from London Office that my file awaiting review of Visa officer ?, what does that mean ?

My file is reviewed by program assistant or not. Generally how much time it will take to review by Visa officer ?

Kindly advise for the same
Answered in PM.

A file is reviewed by IRCC Officer and Final Review by the Senior Analyst who will make a decision. It takes few hours to process your application if an agent in CIO-Sydney stated Eligibility MET and no review is recommended plus that you have no remaining reviews for security.

However, on average it takes 21 Days to PPR from IP2. I recommend applicants to call after 14 days to IRCC and ask for the status. Usually, it is approved earlier but can take some time to issue PPR.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks Bill. Makes sense to upload both then. A couple of other Qs.

1. Do you think its better to upload the empty pages of the passport as well and not just the stamped pages?

2. I got PCC for a country where I spent about 120 days. I am considering just uploading it since i've taken it (and explain this in the LOE) though it is likely they won't ask for it.
1. Absolutely no need for that. This is required by OINP and not IRCC. Just Picture & Signature Page along with pages that are stamped.

2. Yes, this is the correct way. Let them know that it is not required however I have attained it in case IRCC needed it.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: VDej and 000111222

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Thank you for your response. Your signature states that you have applied for OINP. How long your application has been in "Assessment" status?
It's been in assessment for 2 weeks nw. Anyway, am not expecting any nomination for this year as their quotas for 2017 is finished. I probably will receive my nomination early jan. Hoping for the best.

samtack77

May 16, 2012
Good day billhyatt, trust you doing great. I have a question.

Firstly, recently London Office has been requesting for bank statement showing salary payment and also requesting for reference letters of some jobs in Personal history that one didn't claim point for. For those of us that worked in a very small company (One-man company) and we were paid in cash and not in bank account. What can we submit as proof of employment. From the look of things, it seem my file is in London because I got that mail "how to find a job in Canada". I have my employment letter and my last 3 months payslip back in 2014.

Secondly, do I need to go and start requesting for reference letters for jobs in my personal history that am not claiming point for even though VO hasn't requested for it and raise CSE to submit them? I am a bit worried because VO will only give 15 days to respond if they send the ADR.

Currently my status in my CIC says "we do not need additional documents " and am in NA2 since Nov 9

Pls kindly answer my 2 questions. Thanks

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Good day billhyatt, trust you doing great. I have a question.

Firstly, recently London Office has been requesting for bank statement showing salary payment and also requesting for reference letters of some jobs in Personal history that one didn't claim point for. For those of us that worked in a very small company (One-man company) and we were paid in cash and not in bank account. What can we submit as proof of employment. From the look of things, it seem my file is in London because I got that mail "how to find a job in Canada". I have my employment letter and my last 3 months payslip back in 2014.

Secondly, do I need to go and start requesting for reference letters for jobs in my personal history that am not claiming point for even though VO hasn't requested for it and raise CSE to submit them? I am a bit worried because VO will only give 15 days to respond if they send the ADR.

Currently, my status in my CIC says "we do not need additional documents " and am in NA2 since Nov 9

Pls kindly answer my 2 questions. Thanks
1. "how to find a job in Canada": This has nothing to do with application and even applicants making new profiles getting this message. This is a separate department that sends these letters randomly and therefore, is not related to an application or Visa Office.

2. London Visa Office: London doesn't ask this information unless these were not properly explained in the LOE and documents weren't included.

a. Salary Slips: You should have submitted Payslips for at least 12 months to prove the money coming from the salary.

b. Cash Payments: You can send Salary Deduction Certificate on the official Letterhead containing the following details:
Month - Gross Salary - Tax - Net Salary

This is the best way to prove Cash Salaries withdrawn however also works with payments made through banks or cheques.

c. Just submit letters of employment, few salary slips, and an LOE stating that you aren't claiming any points for these and therefore, you haven't included them in the first place.

3. Don't send CSE unless you are requested to do so from Visa Office. Doing this will make your application complicated and raise red flags for no reason.

Final Notes:

Each application is processed differently and you don't have to worry about what other applicants were asked for. If you have submitted all documents and written a good LOE to explain facts then you should be fine.

samtack77

May 16, 2012
1. "how to find a job in Canada": This has nothing to do with application and even applicants making new profiles getting this message. This is a separate department that sends these letters randomly and therefore, is not related to an application or Visa Office.

2. London Visa Office: London doesn't ask this information unless these were not properly explained in the LOE and documents weren't included.

a. Salary Slips: You should have submitted Payslips for at least 12 months to prove the money coming from the salary.

b. Cash Payments: You can send Salary Deduction Certificate on the official Letterhead containing the following details:
Month - Gross Salary - Tax - Net Salary

This is the best way to prove Cash Salaries withdrawn however also works with payments made through banks or cheques.

c. Just submit letters of employment, few salary slips, and an LOE stating that you aren't claiming any points for these and therefore, you haven't included them in the first place.

3. Don't send CSE unless you are requested to do so from Visa Office. Doing this will make your application complicated and raise red flags for no reason.

Final Notes:

Each application is processed differently and you don't have to worry about what other applicants were asked for. If you have submitted all documents and written a good LOE to explain facts then you should be fine.
Thanks for your timely reply, I really appreciate it. Like I said, the work experience I am claiming point for was from 2014. I was only given payslip then and no "Salary deduction certificate " like you said because we don't use salary deduction certificate here in Nigeria. Right now, the only proof of employment I have for that job is my employment letter, confirmation letter and the payslips given to me. I never uploaded this with my application or mentioned the Cash payment in LOE when I submitted my application because CIC only requested for "Reference letter". In summary, do you think submitting the payslip, employment letter and confirmation letter with LOE about the cash payment will do? Or do I need to get another written document from my former employer?

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
@BillHyatt

Read your response to the above poster and some Qs popped in my head.

1. For work ex that doesn't count towards CRS, is it recommended to provide some documentation (reference letter, payslips) in the LOE? I have these but wary of complicating the LOE with stuff that is not a must.

2. Should one mention the entire work ex in LOE (personal history only goes back 10 years) or is that not a must? (e.g. I have work ex W1,W2,W3,W4 going back 12 years. Only W4 is claimed for CRS. W3+W4 are mentioned in 10 year personal history. W1+W2 are older than 10 years and not currently mentioned).

3. POF: My Bank statement only mentions the current balance. For 6m average balance, I am showing statements from the last 6 months, stamped by the bank. Each of these has the average balance for the month. Should I also show an explicit calculation of Average 6m balance based on these statements and append it in the POF upload? (or would it be better off explained in LOE)?

Thanks as always.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
@BillHyatt

Read your response to the above poster and some Qs popped in my head.

1. For work ex that doesn't count towards CRS, is it recommended to provide some documentation (reference letter, payslips) in the LOE? I have these but wary of complicating the LOE with stuff that is not a must.

2. Should one mention the entire work ex in LOE (personal history only goes back 10 years) or is that not a must? (e.g. I have work ex W1,W2,W3,W4 going back 12 years. Only W4 is claimed for CRS. W3+W4 are mentioned in 10 year personal history. W1+W2 are older than 10 years and not currently mentioned).

3. POF: My Bank statement only mentions the current balance. For 6m average balance, I am showing statements from the last 6 months, stamped by the bank. Each of these has the average balance for the month. Should I also show an explicit calculation of Average 6m balance based on these statements and append it in the POF upload? (or would it be better off explained in LOE)?

Thanks as always.
1- no need
2- no you already mention it in personal history, rest is unnecessary
3- you can. you can add a general LOE as well as an LOE for each category which is what you're doing in this case. just make sure whatever you're adding won't make the agent's life more difficult

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for your timely reply, I really appreciate it. Like I said, the work experience I am claiming point for was from 2014. I was only given payslip then and no "Salary deduction certificate " like you said because we don't use salary deduction certificate here in Nigeria. Right now, the only proof of employment I have for that job is my employment letter, confirmation letter and the payslips given to me. I never uploaded this with my application or mentioned the Cash payment in LOE when I submitted my application because CIC only requested for "Reference letter". In summary, do you think submitting the payslip, employment letter and confirmation letter with LOE about the cash payment will do? Or do I need to get another written document from my former employer?
You will have to submit documents requested from Visa Office. So, you don't need any document right now and which documents to upload can only be recommended after looking at Visa Office Request.

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
@BillHyatt

Hi Bill

A PCC query - Is it understood by the agents that some countries do not issue PCC for social visits? (For e.g. Country X only issues PCC to those who have been residents for a continuous period of 6 months and does not issue PCC covering one or multiple social visits). If not well understood, would it make sense to clarify this in the LOE while attaching an email from the concerned authority saying the same?

For Country X, i am attaching the PCC issued to me but it does not cover a previous social visit. It only covers the period when I was a resident.

Thanks

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt

Hi Bill

A PCC query - Is it understood by the agents that some countries do not issue PCC for social visits? (For e.g. Country X only issues PCC to those who have been residents for a continuous period of 6 months and does not issue PCC covering one or multiple social visits). If not well understood, would it make sense to clarify this in the LOE while attaching an email from the concerned authority saying the same?

For Country X, i am attaching the PCC issued to me but it does not cover a previous social visit. It only covers the period when I was a resident.

Thanks
Yes, you should write LOE and attach the authority response.

Reactions: 000111222

guruprasath.j

Oct 24, 2016
Hello all,

Request all your opinion.
I am a NS provincial nominee and given below my timelines.

ITA 28th Feb 2017
AOR 30th May
Current status of application: medical passed and application is in progress.

Now I am worried for the below reason.

Requested for a change in NOC while submitting the PR application. Will it lead to rejection of the PR?

If it gets rejected will I be allowed to remain in pool to get a federal nomination?

My CRS points is 445 without Provincial Nomination.

Appreciate all your views

Thanks
Guruprasath

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello all,

Request all your opinion.
I am a NS provincial nominee and given below my timelines.

ITA 28th Feb 2017
AOR 30th May
Current status of application: medical passed and application is in progress.

Now I am worried for the below reason.

Requested for a change in NOC while submitting the PR application. Will it lead to rejection of the PR?

If it gets rejected will I be allowed to remain in pool to get a federal nomination?

My CRS points is 445 without Provincial Nomination.

Appreciate all your views

Thanks
Guruprasath
NOC change should not impact your application if you still meet all eligibility criteria. In case, you file is rejected then you will have to make a new profile to enter a pool and you will be able to apply for FSW Stream with a stream.

In case of Nomination, you will have to contact NS to transfer Nomination to the new Account if it has expired or extend and transfer Nomination in case it has expired.

I hope this will help.