File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
U need to have your case reopened by raising a cse immediately and explain and clarify your concern in details mentioning about the fd.
I am sure they will do the needful as you mentioned they have not considered fd for you.
My FD is not a long-term FD used for tax purposes. It is just a 1-year normal FD without any lock-in. Though it has a specific maturity date I can withdraw at any point in time, just that there might be an exit load of 1% or so.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Absolutely correct
Have you ordered ordered GCMS notes? They must have concerns regarding your funds from the start. According to my notes funds were freezed at CAD 13265 on the day of submission and my latest notes still shows the same.

napavalley

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
U need to have your case reopened by raising a cse immediately and explain and clarify your concern in details mentioning about the fd.
I am sure they will do the needful as you mentioned they have not considered fd for you.
Thanks a lot! Have raised a CSE mentioning about my FD in more detail and the source of the FD with transaction references in the Bank statements. Thinking of going to the bank for a fresh FD receipt and this time will ask them to mention in words that it can be prematurely liquidated and attach it it another CSE. Fingers crossed

Last edited:

napavalley

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Oh really? That's interesting. I didnt know fixes deposits were readily available. Also can you indicate where that form of funds are accepted because I didnt see it on CICs page : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

However the statement I did see was " The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa". So was his fixed deposit "readily available" when applied for Pr? It can be Pf also but just going by whats stated onsite their site. Based on my understanding when something is deemed fixed it is locked and not "readily available".

So since your FD wasnt explicitly stated as unencumbered the officers judgement was solely based on the funds in your savings which was ultimately insufficient unfortunately. Thats why i didnt risk none of those deeds pf gifts etc. I had everything in cash because some VOs are rather inconsiderate.
Yeah, atleast in the banking system of my country, one can liquidate the FDs before the maturity date (assuming it is not the one used for tax saving and that the FD is unencumbered). The only catch is that there will be an exit load, around 1%.
There was was a column against the FD that said there is No Lien on the FD, which mainly conveys that it is unencumbered. Since many have successfully used FDs as PoF I did not keep it as part of my Savings Account. I may not have been as surprised if PF amount was not considered but the officer did. Definitely surprising that FD was not taken in to account.

Last edited:

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Clearly in my case the officer has taken the PF amount into account for settlement funds. His/her comment explicitly adds the balances of my Savings account and that in my PF account and then says this combined balance of both does not satisfy the PoF requirements. I had explained in detail about this with the PF laws in my country in the LoE.

The officer has just not mentioned anything about my fixed deposit at all. To just confirm that it is unencumbered there is a column that explicitly says 'Lien = NO'. So he either completely missed seeing it (or) he deliberately did not consider is as past of my PoF which would be quite strange as I haven't seen any rejections because of this.
I would def raise CSE.

napavalley

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Have you ordered ordered GCMS notes? They must have concerns regarding your funds from the start. According to my notes funds were freezed at CAD 13265 on the day of submission and my latest notes still shows the same.
Unfortunately due to an issue with the consent form I wasn't able to get the notes before the refusal was given. Have resent the consent form and I should be g
I would def raise CSE.
Already did and explained in detail with references to the Bank's premature liquidation policy on Fixed Deposits and also re-attached the proofs and pointed to specific page numbers and transaction references to prove my case. Hoping that it will be reopened!

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Good day everyone,
I recently got nominated, and waiting for ITA. I heard that the nomination certificate should also be uploaded when submitting ePR application, and I would like to know if Ontario send nominations be email few days after approval, or do they send it by courier ?.
I appreciate your response.
Best Regards,

ResEv_4

Oct 21, 2017
Hey guys!
Quick question, I got my PCC(from country of citizenship) a few days before I was traveling back to my home country(country of citizenship and now residence too). Does it mean I have to reissue a new PCC? I travelled back from Canada because my work permit was expiring.

I read this and I just wanted a clarification:
If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Last edited:

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Unfortunately due to an issue with the consent form I wasn't able to get the notes before the refusal was given. Have resent the consent form and I should be g

Already did and explained in detail with references to the Bank's premature liquidation policy on Fixed Deposits and also re-attached the proofs and pointed to specific page numbers and transaction references to prove my case. Hoping that it will be reopened!
Hope everything works out for you though, you have been extremely patient and that was a long wait.

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Good day everyone,
I recently got nominated, and waiting for ITA. I heard that the nomination certificate should also be uploaded when submitting ePR application, and I would like to know if Ontario send nominations be email few days after approval, or do they send it by courier ?.
I appreciate your response.
Best Regards,
They send by courier. It should arrive within 2 weeks.

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018

do they check with the bank or they reply on the letter which the bank provides ??

napavalley

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
do they check with the bank or they reply on the letter which the bank provides ??
I do no think they checked anything with the bank. If they checked with the bank then my FD may not have been missed out. In another thread something similar had happened to one of the applicants. He submitted his and his spouse's bank statements. He missed out on his spouse's funds. But the officer was considerate enough to not straight away refuse and rather asked for a new set of statements for PoF and an LoE.

And for me the refusal letter came as an update to my CIC account where you go and download the PDF file. The final decision has also been updated that I do not meet the eligibility requirements

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
I do no think they checked anything with the bank. If they checked with the bank then my FD may not have been missed out. In another thread something similar had happened to one of the applicants. He submitted his and his spouse's bank statements. He missed out on his spouse's funds. But the officer was considerate enough to not straight away refuse and rather asked for a new set of statements for PoF and an LoE.

And for me the refusal letter came as an update to my CIC account where you go and download the PDF file. The final decision has also been updated that I do not meet the eligibility requirements
that is so sad. u must contact them and say thatu can provide statement of funds again. and u can get ur fd broken and put that in ur savings account. anyways u r going to get it broken before going to canada to use that funds.so do it now.

Reactions: napavalley