+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
This is not quite correct. If the current country of residence is different from the home country, the PCC has to simply be issued after you last lived in that country.

"
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
  • Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate."
Yeah actually I commented above before this comment that's exactly what I am afraid of..
My real issue is that I cannot obtain the PCC via remote processing as my home country's embassy is closed in the country where I am residing ...so my only way to obtain it is if I am physically present @ my home country during a visit/ vacation

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks Bill...but I did hear a very different opinion
Which is simply : if you are not residing in a country ...you must obtain the PCC after leaving it...i.e having the PCC while visiting it even if u r not residing in it again yet ..can result in its rejection ...
I do not see it logical by any means ..but do you have any background regarding such opinion ?
The rule for Home Country says that it should cover the complete period of stay. However, I have seen people obtaining PCC while they visit their Home Country.

There are different views here, so I would suggest obtaining PCC once you have left Home Country and within the last 6 months to be safe.

Reactions: Jakev

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it necessary to upload transcripts with ECA and copy of degree? I'd rather upload higher quality copies of ECA, degree and ielts score than lower quality scans to accommodate transcripts if they are not required.

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Thanks for the the detailed info.
Please I have submitted via Express Entry and got update that I passed the medical exam, and my background check shows 'in progress". However, I just read the clause in your post that indicated IRCC will get clearance from all the countries I visited. But the passport pages I uploaded were just stamped pages on the current passport, meanwhile in the application I included every other I had visited. So since they don't have the passport number which I used to visit those countries, will this cause any problem?

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
The rule for Home Country says that it should cover the complete period of stay. However, I have seen people obtaining PCC while they visit their Home Country.

There are different views here, so I would suggest obtaining PCC once you have left Home Country and within the last 6 months to be safe.
100% with you in the 6 months limit, no issues in that ...only issue I have no means of obtaining PCC if I am not physically present in my home country ...as there are no means of remote processing anymore in my country of residence ...
For my PCC in my country of residence there is no issues in that as I am not leaving it permanently anytime soon ... as I am currently working in it
So only issue remains in my home country's PCC methodology ...

steff_dem

May 4, 2017
Are you currently looking for pcc for Qatar and residing in UAE.

100% with you in the 6 months limit, no issues in that ...only issue I have no means of obtaining PCC if I am not physically present in my home country ...as there are no means of remote processing anymore in my country of residence ...
For my PCC in my country of residence there is no issues in that as I am not leaving it permanently anytime soon ... as I am currently working in it
So only issue remains in my home country's PCC methodology ...
re

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Please I have submitted via Express Entry and got update that I passed the medical exam, and my background check shows 'in progress". However, I just read the clause in your post that indicated IRCC will get clearance from all the countries I visited. But the passport pages I uploaded were just stamped pages on the current passport, meanwhile in the application I included every other I had visited. So since they don't have the passport number which I used to visit those countries, will this cause any problem?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Most of the passports do have previous passport number on it. However, don't worry about that if they need that for verification they will request additional information.

Also, can you share your timeline and stream? This will help me understand and make future predictions about the timelines.

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear BillHyatt,

This is very nicely explained. I have a question please do let me know what you think and thanks in advance.

My time line is as follows:

Aor-30th March
Meds passed-2nd June
BG-IP1 4th June
BG-Na 18th June
Additional documents not needed-this happened on 15th July

After this there has been complete silence and no movement. Some people have got PPR in less than 60 days and I have been waiting for 130 days and still on NA. What do you think, at this stage are my documents ok? and also what could be the reason for this delay...

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Dear BillHyatt,

This is very nicely explained. I have a question please do let me know what you think and thanks in advance.

Aor-30th March
Meds passed-2nd June
BG-IP1 4th June
BG-Na 18th June

After this, there has been complete silence and no movement. Some people have got PPR in less than 60 days and I have been waiting for 130 days and still on NA. What do you think, at this stage are my documents ok? and also what could be the reason for this delay...
You will have to wait for BG-IP2 and after that, you can expect PPR within a couple of weeks.

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Is it necessary to upload transcripts with ECA and copy of degree? I'd rather upload higher quality copies of ECA, degree and ielts score than lower quality scans to accommodate transcripts if they are not required.

Exactly, transcripts are not needed.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Dear BillHyatt,

Aor-30th March
Meds passed-2nd June
BG-IP1 4th June
BG-Na 18th June

After this there has been complete silence and no movement. Some people have got PPR in less than 60 days and I have been waiting for 130 days and still on NA. What do you think, at this stage are my documents ok? and also what could be the reason for this delay...

SSAYY Whattt? Really 60 days lmfao. i know ontario nominees who almost waited 130 days and peeps getting PPR in 60?? Are you serious? kml

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Most of the passports do have previous passport number on it. However, don't worry about that if they need that for verification they will request additional information.
Also, can you share your timeline and stream? This will help me understand and make future predictions about the timelines.
My two previous applications were cancelled as incomplete because;
i) in the first, i didn't upload the medical report--- lasted (March 28, 2017 - May 30, 2017)
ii) in the second, i didn't realize my police certificate was more than 6 months as at the date i filled the application --- lasted from (June 8, 2017 - July 6, 2017)

Current Application
Application sent in - July 24, 2017
AOR Received - July 24
Medical passed - Aug 4

Application status -- We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility ---We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results--- You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents--- The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview--- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics--- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check ---Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision--- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:
Reactions: adityagupta88

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
My two previous applications were cancelled as incomplete because;
i) in the first, i didn't upload the medical report--- lasted (March 28, 2017 - May 30, 2017)
ii) in the second, i didn't realize my police certificate was more than 6 months as at the date i filled the application --- lasted from (June 8, 2017 - July 6, 2017)

Current Application
Application sent in - July 24, 2017
AOR Received - July 24
Medical passed - Aug 4

Application status -- We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility ---We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results--- You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents--- The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview--- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics--- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check ---Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision--- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Can I really check the status of my application through ECAS since am using Express Entry method? Few times I have tried to use the online service but it doesn't go through, and my UCI number is more than 8 digits. So what could be the problem? Thanks.