+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey thanks. I uploaded only my current passport and git AOR but my query is a bit specific so that's why I was contemplating uploading my previous passports as well. Can you kindly read below.

'I was just going this thread on and for uploading passport it says that 'Make sure all pages with stamps are also included as IRCC rejected the application in past for not having a stamp for existing of one of the countries.'

The last part of that sentence bothers me and has got me worried. I uploaded just my current passport. Its bio page and pages with visas and stamps but for one of the trips mentioned in my travel history, the exit stamp is in my current passport but the entry stamp is in the previous passport since the visa was in that passport.

Do I need to take any action now such as uploading the previous passport and sending it through the webform? I don't want this silly reason to have any adverse consequences for my application.

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Cheers!'
You can refer this link for the documents required to be uploaded https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s06

For OINP I remember they asked for all pages of passports including the blank ones to be uploaded (current passport).
Incase the case if EE it is not required.

You are any how providing a travel history which will allow IRCC to cross check the info with there respective counter parts in other countries. So it is not a problem at all.

So you have provided the info what the EE application requires. If the additional documents are required then iRCC end up contracting you. They will not reject your application for this reason

amitpal.gta@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2016
For spouse , I didn’t claimed point for crs, so I put NO in education . Now got ITA, so I should put NO in education again . I should put it in her personal history . But she graduated 10 years ago . Where should I put her education details ?plz help

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
For spouse , I didn’t claimed point for crs, so I put NO in education . Now got ITA, so I should put NO in education again . I should put it in her personal history . But she graduated 10 years ago . Where should I put her education details ?plz help
Put in education section itself. Just select no to question where it asks for ECA.

khushi.saxena

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
dear @BillHyatt my application will be turning 1 year next month and my medicals have expired today and i am still waiting for interview date since march 2018 i am waiting for the dates till now interview is not scheduled i have lost all hopes now don't know what to do i tried sending email to london visa office for update about interview there replies never change its same since march that i need to wait for the interview and they do not know when the interview will be scheduled

Rayan12

Feb 27, 2018
dear @BillHyatt my application will be turning 1 year next month and my medicals have expired today and i am still waiting for interview date since march 2018 i am waiting for the dates till now interview is not scheduled i have lost all hopes now don't know what to do i tried sending email to london visa office for update about interview there replies never change its same since march that i need to wait for the interview and they do not know when the interview will be scheduled
I m anxiously seeking the answer to this aswell.

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Part 2 of 2: Most Common Reasons for Rejection

Most common is PCC:

a. Not included

b. No Coloured Scan attached

c. Dates don't cover complete period of stay (for e.g. you stayed in one address until 13th August but PCC cover dates till 31st July – don’t miss even one day)

d. The wrong PCC attached (includes not attaching PCC where you have lived more than 6 months – calculate your stay duration by adding all stays and include PCC if combine stay is 180 days or more)

e. LOE: Not writing explanation of why you weren’t able to attach PCC required and what you have done so far – attach evidence such as PCC Application submitted

f. Incomplete Documents – Some countries require additional documents such as consent forms for IRCC to directly get info therefore, it is important to read carefully CIC Guidance for each specific country before applying.

g. States PCC – Some countries do not have Central/Federal PCC System and therefore, you are advised to get PCC from all states you have lived (For work, study, and residential purpose excluding short stays). In addition, read CIC guidance, as they sometimes require Federal PCC as well instead of just State PCC.

h. Change in Circumstance such as visiting country after having PCC will not remain valid so you need to be careful and may need to apply for PCC again.

Medical Reports:

a. This includes failure to get Upfront Medical or After Letter from IRCC for any reason.

b. In addition, if you have any physical or mental issues the IRCC will reject your application and will advise you to set a meeting with your panellist for further advice or treatment plans – I know some people who recovered after some medication or physiatrist help and got PR later on.

c. Very rare but most significant error I saw was when one person submitted a report from a doctor who was not registered as approved panellist – see from CIC website before booking appointment.

d. Ensure you know what tests are required. Although, it is very rare on one occasion candidate only told panellist that she needs a test for Canada not indicating PR (nowadays for EE) and result was that Full Examination was not done resulting in rejection. {However, that panellist was dropped from approved list after short time but you must be careful if you are not booking appointment from well-reputed institute or Doctor.}

Conversion of Files:

a. Only convert files in the approved format and not just what suits best to you

b. If you are using software’s or online tools for PDF conversion then it is recommended to test it on different readers (such as Foxit or Adobe) before submitting. IRCC will be using Adobe Acrobat so make sure your files (all pages) will open in it. There is a case where IRCC rejected the incomplete application due to files not opening in Adobe (file was converted using Foxit).

c. Your documents must be clear and readable after reducing its size (it is recommended to not have a file below 150)

d. Always convert or scan your file in Color version unless where states by the IRCC to have a grayscale or black and white.

Passport and Visa Status:

a. It is important to attach your Passports and Residential Cards (if applicable) along with your file.

b. Make sure all pages with stamps are also included as IRCC rejected the application in past for not having a stamp for existing of one of the countries.

Education:

a. Not including ECA report or only including ECA number

b. Not including Degrees and Transcripts – please note that IRCC will reject incomplete files unlike OINP, which asks for additional information.

c. If you have distant learning course or studied in a different country than where the Institute is located then include this in Letter of Explanation and clearly mention your status.

Experience:

a. Not including Job responsibility letters or not matching with NOC.

b. Documents submitted cannot be verified the due lack of information of company available online.

c. Company registered in the house or residential area that may raise the question on quality of work performed.

d. Could not answer questions or satisfy officer during a formal interview.

These are the most common Reasons identified from the sample of more than 1,000 applicants in 2016/17.
Hi,

Firstly, thank you for such a detailed & useful post.

I have a query, I got my PCC a day after receiving my ITA. However I have not filled my questionnaire yet as I wanted to be doubly sure about few things related to my work experience. So, it won't cover the my stay dates from the date I received PCC to the date I fill my questionnaire. Do you think I should get another PCC issued?

Also, my PCC was issued by a central body hence does not mention the addresses I have lived for work or education (within the country), would you advice getting separate PCCs from the state police stations?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi,

I have a query, I got my PCC a day after receiving my ITA. However I have not filled my questionnaire yet as I wanted to be doubly sure about few things related to my work experience. So, it won't cover the my stay dates from the date I received PCC to the date I fill my questionnaire. Do you think I should get another PCC issued?

Also, my PCC was issued by a central body hence does not mention the addresses I have lived for work or education (within the country), would you advice getting separate PCCs from the state police stations?
rule is PCC should not be older than 6 months from the date you submit your application so you dont need a new one. PCC need not mention addresses.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

The PCC issued by PSK do not mention addresses

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
This may hunt you down mate, raise CSE as soon as possible and inform IRCC about the refusal. It doesn't matter if the rejection stamp is on the old passport still IRCC got the tools and mechanism to find out such info. This may lead IRCC officer to think that you have done a misrepresentation. So be on the safer side and let IRCC know about the UK visa rejection.
My wife was refused a visa in 2009 two years before our marriage, I mentioned the refusal but the cause was guessed in best effort since the documents where in Spanish should I translate the documents and rise a CSE ?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
My wife was refused a visa in 2009 two years before our marriage, I mentioned the refusal but the cause was guessed in best effort since the documents where in Spanish should I translate the documents and rise a CSE ?
That is enough. IRCC is not interested about the cause of visa rejections from other countries unless it is due to misrepresentation/fraud. As you already indicated the visa rejection, that will do. Be relaxed and wait couple of months for ppr :)

Reactions: Abdelilah