+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi folks,

My wife was refused visa to UK in 2012. Just remember we didn't include it in our application which was submitted on Wednesday.
The visa refusal was on her previous passport which carried her former name before she just married and the passport doesn't have any travel history.
The visa refusal to USA was mentioned stating that no specific reason(s) was given for the refusal and it is on her present passport that carries her travel history.

Is it alright to forget about the UK visa since the passport has no travel history and it's her former name OR how do we go about it?

- what effect could the visa refusal have on the application?

Last edited:

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi folks,

My wife was refused visa to UK in 2012. Just remember we didn't include it in our application which was submitted on Wednesday.
The visa refusal was on her previous passport which carried her former name before she just married and the passport doesn't have any travel history.
The visa refusal to USA was mentioned stating that no specific reason(s) was given for the refusal and it is on her present passport that carries her travel history.

Is it alright to forget about the UK visa since the passport has no travel history and it's her former name OR how do we go about it?

- what effect could the visa refusal have on the application?
This may hunt you down mate, raise CSE as soon as possible and inform IRCC about the refusal. It doesn't matter if the rejection stamp is on the old passport still IRCC got the tools and mechanism to find out such info. This may lead IRCC officer to think that you have done a misrepresentation. So be on the safer side and let IRCC know about the UK visa rejection.

Reactions: FMT

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
This may hunt you down mate, raise CSE as soon as possible and inform IRCC about the refusal. It doesn't matter if the rejection stamp is on the old passport still IRCC got the tools and mechanism to find out such info. This may lead IRCC officer to think that you have done a misrepresentation. So be on the safer side and let IRCC know about the UK visa rejection.
Wow. Please how do I raise CSE? Wouldnt want to my application to be rejected because of nothing...

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
You need reference letters from your HR / Reporting Managers stating your Job Title & Job Duties clearly. Most of the Job Duties (almost 80-90%) mentioned in you reference letter should match with the Job Duties of the NOC on which your application was based (i.e. you wanted CIC to consider your application for the skillset and experience of that particular NOC in EE). Just having matching job titles and providing other documents without Reference Letters would lead to incomplete documents for claimed Work Experience.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
Thank you, this is helpful. My letters contained only one line description about the job. The current letters have all the details except elaborated job description. Is it fine if I use the same letter and also get a another letter from my manager explaining the work I have done, though NOT on the company letterhead?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you, this is helpful. My letters contained only one line description about the job. The current letters have all the details except elaborated job description. Is it fine if I use the same letter and also get a another letter from my manager explaining the work I have done, though NOT on the company letterhead?
Yes if your manager can give you the letter which has amongst other things(start/end date, salary, designation) the detailed job duties that will work...
some people here on the forum recommend notarizing it.

yiming

Jul 5, 2017
Hi guys, I found this thread as I was googling common reasons for rejections. I sadly faced one yesterday when I received a message from CIC that I have insufficient work documents that can prove I have been working full time on the NOC code for more than 1 year. I still fail to understand what information is exactly required to prove that I'm a software engineer. My title says Software Engineer and I submitted letters from HR stating working hours as 40hrs/week and pay stubs too. I find it very inconvenient to get a rejection after waiting for 4 and half months from ITA and disappointing on CICs part they simply rejected the application instead of asking for additional documents. I'm looking forward to next round of draw but really want to understand the mistake I did so that I don't repeat it. Can someone suggest me a full proof information that will convince the officer on the work experience?
Are you sure that your reference letter covers all the information required by CIC:
  • printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefit
If the answer is positive, I don't see why CIC would reject your application without asking for ADR. Maybe the best way to find out the reason is through GCMS notes.

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,

I was just going this thread on and for uploading passport it says that 'Make sure all pages with stamps are also included as IRCC rejected the application in past for not having a stamp for existing of one of the countries.'

The last part of that sentence bothers me and has got me worried. I uploaded just my current passport. Its bio page and pages with visas and stamps but for one of the trips mentioned in my travel history, the exit stamp is in my current passport but the entry stamp is in the previous passport since the visa was in that passport.

Do I need to take any action now such as uploading the previous passport and sending it through the webform? I don't want this silly reason to have any adverse consequences for my application.

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Cheers!
@DelPiero07 @BillHyatt

Can you pls guide me as what should be the appropriate course of action.

Regards.

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
We are required to upload pages from ALL our passports, not just the current one. Yes, proceed with a webform to submit all remaining pages ASAP
Hi. Thanks for your response. But I've read on various forums that the rule is only to upload the current passport.

They don't ask for previous passports.

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
No you don't need 2 upload previous passports, unless your current passport is very very new...
Hey thanks. I uploaded only my current passport and git AOR but my query is a bit specific so that's why I was contemplating uploading my previous passports as well. Can you kindly read below.

'I was just going this thread on and for uploading passport it says that 'Make sure all pages with stamps are also included as IRCC rejected the application in past for not having a stamp for existing of one of the countries.'

The last part of that sentence bothers me and has got me worried. I uploaded just my current passport. Its bio page and pages with visas and stamps but for one of the trips mentioned in my travel history, the exit stamp is in my current passport but the entry stamp is in the previous passport since the visa was in that passport.

Do I need to take any action now such as uploading the previous passport and sending it through the webform? I don't want this silly reason to have any adverse consequences for my application.

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Cheers!'