+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt
Need your expert advice on this matter please. My avg bank balance for last 6 months is this, starting from latest: $21200, $20900, 18700, 15000, 3500, 8500. Do I need a gift deed or LOE ? I am a single applicant and need to show $13200 funds. Thanks.
You need $12,300 or more from time of application till getting PR or as some have brought to notice till you are cleared by landing officer.

You don't need Gift Deed unless CIC ask for it. However, you will be required to submit an affidavit (made on simple MS Word will even work) from a person who provided money solemnly declaring that this money is solely for your settlement in Canada and you can use this money without any restrictions or limitations. It should be signed and contact details (email and phone) must be provided.

If your parents or sibling gifted you amount then just attach their bank Statement (optional) along with Affidavit as stated above and you will be fine.

I haven't seen my friends being questioned on proof of funds for not submitting Gift Deeds. However, if someone other than parents or siblings provide you money then you will have to submit legal documents such as gift deeds and declaration letter.

I hope this will help.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi, I'm new and I'm in the process of getting all my documents and I would like to know if pay stubs from jobs are REALLY necessary. I know it says "if you have them", but I want to be 100% sure. For most of my past jobs, I don't have them, and for the ones I could get them it would be very complicated (and also I'd have to spend a lot of money in getting them translated). So, does anybody know a case of being rejected by not including them? Or being asked for them after submitting the application?

I currently have a part-time job but most of my income comes from my freelance work, I can include stubs from my clients as everything is paid by PayPal or international bank transfers, that's easy, so would that be enough?
Pay stub is not mandatory if you have job letters stating the Salary you are/were drawing during those jobs.

For part time jobs you can attach PayPal transaction history or bank statements indicating transfers.

CIC don't reject for not having pay stubs however may ask for them later on if no other proof of income is provided.

I hope this will help.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@bill and et al
Please I have two question for urgent attention.
1. If I fill in a state and province in my e-APR, but later decide to land and settle elsewhere, does it have any effect? I am yet to decide where to settle.

No, IRCC clearly states that you just need to indicate your most intended place but you can change it later on during settlement. However, if you are nominated by a province then you will have to take a consent letter from them to release you as you can't find a better job in that province. In both cases you are not restricted by any law to stay in one province for a certain duration.

2. My spouse Family name is different from that of her parent and other siblings. (The family changed name but she retained their previous name)
Can this affect my application?

Surname can be different and it doesn't matter.

However, I can't understand about family changed surname and she didn't?

If this was due to religious reasons then your case will most probably be referred to security screening as indicated by CIC. Otherwise, there is nothing to worry about.

Please help a brother make a decision
I hope this will help.

Last edited:

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
You need $12,300 or more from time of application till getting PR or as some have brought to notice till you are cleared by landing officer.

You don't need Gift Deed unless CIC ask for it. However, you will be required to submit an affidavit (made on simple MS Word will even work) from a person who provided money solemnly declaring that this money is solely for your settlement in Canada and you can use this money without any restrictions or limitations. It should be signed and contact details (email and phone) must be provided.

If your parents or sibling gifted you amount then just attach their bank Statement (optional) along with Affidavit as stated above and you will be fine.

I haven't seen my friends being questioned on proof of funds for not submitting Gift Deeds. However, if someone other than parents or siblings provide you money then you will have to submit legal documents such as gift deeds and declaration letter.

I hope this will help.
Thanks for your response. You are right, it's $12,300. The money has been deposited in cash by my father in few transactions( $6000, $5000, 3500) in month 3. Attaching an affidavit isn't an issue but my father's bank statement wouldn't reflect those transaction. He has a retail business and accept foreign currency for purchases aswell. He just exchanged them and deposited in my account. How do you think I use address this matter?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for your response. You are right, it's $12,300. The money has been deposited in cash by my father in few transactions( $6000, $5000, 3500) in month 3. Attaching an affidavit isn't an issue but my father's bank statement wouldn't reflect those transaction. He has a retail business and accept foreign currency for purchases aswell. He just exchanged them and deposited in my account. How do you think I use address this matter?
Ok then at least attach an Affidavit from your father and hopefully you will be fine.

I haven't seen objection on Proof of Funds so far if you have sufficient balance in your account.

I hope you will be fine. Good Luck.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hi Bill,

Today I have researched the immitracker, FSW and PNP one. Results are scary. A couple of FSW people who got AOR even mid of July 17, they got their PPR, while latest single PNP case got PPR whose AOR was in April 2017. All other PNP who got PPR belongs to Jan 17 or Feb 17 cases.

I can not understand the reason of delayed processing of PNP. Mostly comments on forum are purely speculation. One expert said that after your AOR, IRCC will get confirmation from PNP regarding nomination, which is taking time due to the high work load on PNP people, but he also said that this is purely his speculation.

As a rule of thumb PNP people should be processed faster as their eligibility is already passed while getting Nomination. What possible reason you think is delaying the process?

Reactions: Xiaociaoshaw_02

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
@bill - a couple of queries if I may? Thanks.

1. Would the reference letter from current employer need to be dated within 3 months of the AOR application? If the date on the letter is such that it already qualifies you for the requisite points you are claiming in EE, would you still have to get a letter that is as recent as less than 3 months?

2. For the PCC of the country of residence - I understand it is valid for 6 months. Would it become invalid if you travelled after the PCC date but before your AOR? (or is that only an issue for PCC from countries that are not your current residence).

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Ok then at least attach an Affidavit from your father and hopefully you will be fine.

I haven't seen objection on Proof of Funds so far if you have sufficient balance in your account.

I hope you will be fine. Good Luck.
Thanks again my dear friend. Just one more favor please. Can you kindly share a template of affidavit? I know I am asking for spoon feeding here and should do this bit myself, but I will feel more confident using a template coming from a trusted source like yourself.
Hope you can help, really appreciate it.

ulltimate

Jul 19, 2017
Thanks all for your prompt response.
My bank is refusing to issue a reference letter/Proof of Fund Letter because I didn't state the exact address of the embassy.
Please does any one know the address to use?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill,

Today I have researched the immitracker, FSW and PNP one. Results are scary. A couple of FSW people who got AOR even mid of July 17, they got their PPR, while latest single PNP case got PPR whose AOR was in April 2017. All other PNP who got PPR belongs to Jan 17 or Feb 17 cases.

I can not understand the reason of delayed processing of PNP. Mostly comments on forum are purely speculation. One expert said that after your AOR, IRCC will get confirmation from PNP regarding nomination, which is taking time due to the high work load on PNP people, but he also said that this is purely his speculation.

As a rule of thumb PNP people should be processed faster as their eligibility is already passed while getting Nomination. What possible reason you think is delaying the process?
No, actually I thought the same before unless recently when I got to know the real picture about how processes are dealt.

All Applications goes to the relevant CIO first and after that it can be either processed within CIO, sent to CPC or most of the occasion sent to Local Visa Office.

For FSW CIO officer assigned will Test eligibility and forward it to LVO etc. LVO will then do further checks and Decision will be made. This is the standard procedure but can be different for some applicants. Therefore, decisions are made quickly except where there are some red flags.

For PNP CIO officer will repeat the same procedure. Now a days the Medical and R10 Completeness Test is completed within a month (probably 20 days) which use to take about 3 months some months before.

For PNP CIO instead of doing direct eligibility Test will have to wait for reports from Nominating Province. In these reports Province includes all applicants being Nominated and this Verification takes time.

Once officer gets a Verification of Nomination they will start eligibility Test. Again for PNP applicantions the work is double as firstly they will be Test eligibility of FSW and then PNP.

After that the file will be transferred to probably LVO which will wait for security test results. Although, this test is started at the earlier stage but may take time as there are extra procedures to be conducted for PNP applications.

Therefore there are two main reason which includes delayed start of eligibility Test and double checks as compare to FSW.

However, I believe that July and onwards applications will be processed within 4 months as compare to 6-8 months earlier. Most of the July applicants are already in NA2 which is a very good indicator. If applications are changed to IP2 by mid or end of October then July applicants will get PPR in November.

I hope this will help. Good Luck.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks again my dear friend. Just one more favor please. Can you kindly share a template of affidavit? I know I am asking for spoon feeding here and should do this bit myself, but I will feel more confident using a template coming from a trusted source like yourself.
Hope you can help, really appreciate it.
Date

To: Immigration Assessment Officer

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: No Objection Certificate for the use of Bank Account Number xxxxxxx

We, Name holding ID # (Father), and Name holding NIC # (Brother), are holding joint account numbered xxxxxxx, with Your Name holding ID # in Bank - Branch. We solemnly and sincerely declare that, Name of the Applicant is fully authorise to use and withdraw money from this account without any limitations. We also declare that each of us has equal and full access of the above mentioned account. We have no objection in regards to usage of this funds as a part of his settlement in Canada.

However, if you need any further information or have any query please contact us at abc@hotmail.com or alternatively call us at 012-345678 (evening)

Your Sincerely,

Sign 1 Sign 2

Name 1 Name 2

This perfoma is for joint accounts with family member used for extra funds declared above $12,300 limits.

For Gift change the first para and include "I (Name) holding ID #, Relation of 'Applicant Name' solemnly and sincerely declare that I have gifted an amount of XYZ earned from the legitimate source, and Applicant Name is authorised to use and withdraw this money without any limitations. I have no objection in regards of usage of this funds as a part of his settlement in Canada.

Second para can be same.

I hope this will help.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@bill - a couple of queries if I may? Thanks.

1. Would the reference letter from current employer need to be dated within 3 months of the AOR application? If the date on the letter is such that it already qualifies you for the requisite points you are claiming in EE, would you still have to get a letter that is as recent as less than 3 months?

No, the rule of 3 months doesn't apply.

2. For the PCC of the country of residence - I understand it is valid for 6 months. Would it become invalid if you travelled after the PCC date but before your AOR? (or is that only an issue for PCC from countries that are not your current residence).
If you travelled then it will be included in Travel History and updated passport copies will be uploaded. However, PCC doesn't need to be re-issued.

PCC will become invalid if you visited a country you left in the past and got PCC recently.

Reactions: 000111222

Deiabah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
File Transfer...
08-09-2017
@BillHyatt

Hi Mate,

I have read your posts, and to be honest it did enlighten my understanding for the process.
I do have a query mate, very simple one.

PNP Stream
AOR 2nd of April.
Medical Passed: 26th of July. !!
BGC: N/A

I have called the call center, the agent told me that my file is being processed in Canada "didn't tell me where exactly"
He said that the criminality check has been done already, and currently checking the security part.! "What's the difference?"
Then he literally said that 75% out of the process has been done already. "What's remaining?"

My simple query is: what da heck is goin on?
Do I need to order GCMS notes? if yes, it will take roughly 3 to 4 weeks for me to be able to access the comments on my file, which will be useless I believe.

Do I have to start panicking now?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt

Hi Mate,

I have read your posts, and to be honest it did enlighten my understanding for the process.
I do have a query mate, very simple one.

PNP Stream
AOR 2nd of April.
Medical Passed: 26th of July. !!
BGC: N/A

I have called the call center, the agent told me that my file is being processed in Canada "didn't tell me where exactly"
He said that the criminality check has been done already, and currently checking the security part.! "What's the difference?"
Then he literally said that 75% out of the process has been done already. "What's remaining?"

My simple query is: what da heck is goin on?
Do I need to order GCMS notes? if yes, it will take roughly 3 to 4 weeks for me to be able to access the comments on my file, which will be useless I believe.

Do I have to start panicking now?
That's a good thing that your file is 75% done. Taking these factors into account it seems you will receive PPR next month or by mid-October.

The Criminality Check is part of IP1 which nowadays take only 3-4 days on average. This includes verification of PCC and other data checks.

The Security Check is part of IP2 and this includes the detailed analysis of each applicant and security checks with International Agencies. You are already in IP2 but your account will be updated later on. Sometimes applicants get PPR directly from NA2.

Good Luck.