Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
Hi All,

I will be very glad if someone can help me with clarifications and guide.

1. I have been working as a Post Doctoral Fellow in Canada for about some months and my work permit (in addition to my spouse’s permit) has a condition that prohibits me from studies or taking any courses. This appears insensitive considering that Post Doctoral Fellowship is treated as a training related work by CIC. Can someone please advise me on steps to take in getting conditions of my work permit revised? This will facilitate my career development and any advice will be honestly appreciated.

2. I have just read the Foreign Workers Manual published on CIC website and dated 20.Jan.2011 (page 70), which clearly states that Post Doctoral Fellows MUST NOT be coded 4122. It directs that Post Docs should be NOC-coded based on their area of specialization (e.g. 2113 for geologists). When does this take effect?

Thanks.
Cos

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cos said:
Hi All,

I will be very glad if someone can help me with clarifications and guide.

1. I have been working as a Post Doctoral Fellow in Canada for about some months and my work permit (in addition to my spouse's permit) has a condition that prohibits me from studies or taking any courses. This appears insensitive considering that Post Doctoral Fellowship is treated as a training related work by CIC. Can someone please advise me on steps to take in getting conditions of my work permit revised? This will facilitate my career development and any advice will be honestly appreciated.

2. I have just read the Foreign Workers Manual published on CIC website and dated 20.Jan.2011 (page 70), which clearly states that Post Doctoral Fellows MUST NOT be coded 4122. It directs that Post Docs should be NOC-coded based on their area of specialization (e.g. 2113 for geologists). When does this take effect?

Thanks.
Cos
1. You can study or take courses/programs that are LESS than six months in length.

2. The date it was published.

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
rjessome said:
1. You can study or take courses/programs that are LESS than six months in length.

2. The date it was published.
Thank you for your informative response rjessome.

Is the possibility of taking courses/programs less than six months an implied one or do I need any authorization from immigration to do this? I wonder why the work permit does not explicitly state that. Instead, it presents a strong statement of study (of any form) prohibition.

Many thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cos said:
Thank you for your informative response rjessome.

Is the possibility of taking courses/programs less than six months an implied one or do I need any authorization from immigration to do this? I wonder why the work permit does not explicitly state that. Instead, it presents a strong statement of study (of any form) prohibition.

Many thanks
It's written in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Everything in immigration for Canada is based on the Act and Regulations. When in doubt, go there to check. Here is a link to the Regulation that applies:

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/SOR-2002-227/page-5.html#anchorbo-ga:l_9-gb:l_4

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
rjessome said:
It's written in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Everything in immigration for Canada is based on the Act and Regulations. When in doubt, go there to check.
Many thanks - it's pellucid!