+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Diploma public health fall 2019 offer letter

drhamidmavli

May 17, 2019
Hi everyone .
I am a medical doctor from India.i have Masters degree in Community medicine.I applied to Cape Breton University in post diploma in public health for Sep 2019.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone .
I am a medical doctor from India.i have Masters degree in Community medicine.I applied to Cape Breton University in post diploma in public health for Sep 2019. Is there anyone like me who can join me on WhatsApp group so we can discuss further for next steps to reach CBU
Have you received a permit? Given that your PG degree does not make sense based on your previous education I don't know whether you will be successful. Your applications screams not a genuine student. Have you looked at the various economic immigration programs? As you probably know being able to practice medicine in Canada is usually not possible. A PG degree in public health will likely not lead to the job opportunities you are looking for. Even with a masters in public health it can be a very competitive job market. A masters would be a better option.

drhamidmavli

May 17, 2019
Have you received a permit? Given that your PG degree does not make sense based on your previous education I don't know whether you will be successful. Your applications screams not a genuine student. Have you looked at the various economic immigration programs? As you probably know being able to practice medicine in Canada is usually not possible. A PG degree in public health will likely not lead to the job opportunities you are looking for. Even with a masters in public health it can be a very competitive job market. A masters would be a better option.

Hi.Thanks for replying.i received an offer letter for fall 2019. I am going to apply for permit soon.i applied for some masters programs but not recieved any decision yet.My post graduation in India is related to Public Health. I have study gap of 4 years after masters and 11 years after bachelors.So,probably it's difficult to get Masters in Canada due to tough competition.I feel this is a an opportunity to get Canadian degree.To practice medicine in Canada requires to clear licence exam which is toughest part.i am confused to go for PG public health or not.I have no idea about job market for Public health degree or diploma holders in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi.Thanks for replying.i received an offer letter for fall 2019. I am going to apply for permit soon.i applied for some masters programs but not recieved any decision yet.My post graduation in India is related to Public Health. I have study gap of 4 years after masters and 11 years after bachelors.So,probably it's difficult to get Masters in Canada due to tough competition.I feel this is a an opportunity to get Canadian degree.To practice medicine in Canada requires to clear licence exam which is toughest part.i am confused to go for PG public health or not.I have no idea about job market for Public health degree or diploma holders in Canada.
Passing the licensing exam is not the hardest part of getting licensed in Canada. It is difficult but at least a thousand a year do it but then can’t get a residency spot to redo their residency. The fact that you already have a masters related to public health makes it unlikely you will get a permit for a PG in public health. It makes no sense in the progression of your education. The degree must make sense for career advancement. I Have been surprised before but have also seen many in a similar situation be refused. I assume you are planning on applying for PGWP so would encourage you to do a degree that will lead to employment opportunities.

drhamidmavli

May 17, 2019
Passing the licensing exam is not the hardest part of getting licensed in Canada. It is difficult but at least a thousand a year do it but then can’t get a residency spot to redo their residency. The fact that you already have a masters related to public health makes it unlikely you will get a permit for a PG in public health. It makes no sense in the progression of your education. The degree must make sense for career advancement. I Have been surprised before but have also seen many in a similar situation be refused. I assume you are planning on applying for PGWP so would encourage you to do a degree that will lead to employment opportunities.
Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance... Highly appreciated... I wanted to do degree programs only but not received any positive reply.finger crossed and waiting for the decision for degree program..