+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Diploma certificate vs Post graduate diploma??

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Is Post Diploma Certificate another the same of Post graduate diploma?

I want to make sure if I can combine these 2 programs when applying for a PGWP because I heard that you can only combine programs with the same level.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html#determining
The student completed more than one program from an eligible DLI within 2 years.
Note: Each program of study must meet all PGWPP eligibility requirements and be at least 8 months in length.
The length of the work permit should combine the length of each program.
Each program must be PGWP-eligible but nowhere is it required for them to be the same level.

Reactions: Accountingdude2893

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Yes, that is what I initially understand as well, but there are a number of people that told me otherwise, and it has been stuck in my head... Hopefully, more people can join in to give their experience in the matter.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes, that is what I initially understand as well, but there are a number of people that told me otherwise, and it has been stuck in my head... Hopefully, more people can join in to give their experience in the matter.
What else do you need to know. The post above cites clearly from the Government of Canada website, I doubt an IRCC officer will be lurking around in this forum.

Reactions: Accountingdude2893