cantn

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After receiving CoPR, is there a time limit for one to "land" in Canada? Can someone land and request the PR card at a US address? Or, can it be requested at a friend/relative's address in Canada?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
cantn said:
After receiving CoPR, is there a time limit for one to "land" in Canada? Can someone land and request the PR card at a US address? Or, can it be requested at a friend/relative's address in Canada?
You need to land before your medicals expire. Your medicals have a validity of one year. At the time of landing, your medicals and your passport should both be valid for six months each. The PR card is only sent to a Canadian address. You can theoretically have it mailed to a friend or a family member, but it is not recommended.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
Aragorn165 said:
You need to land before your medicals expire. Your medicals have a validity of one year. At the time of landing, your medicals and your passport should both be valid for six months each. The PR card is only sent to a Canadian address. You can theoretically have it mailed to a friend or a family member, but it is not recommended.
Your medicals do not have to have six months left, as long as they are still valid at the time of landing then you will be fine. It's your passport that needs at least 6 mths validity on it.

Hopeless_despo

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Hello Experts,

My COPR says Toronto is my landing place, do I really have to land up in Toronto and live there? As I am an OINP nominated candidate, can't I look for jobs outside Toronto??

Thanks for your inputs.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hello Experts,

My COPR says Toronto is my landing place, do I really have to land up in Toronto and live there? As I am an OINP nominated candidate, can't I look for jobs outside Toronto??

Thanks for your inputs.
If you got your PR through PNP then you have no choice but to land in Toronto as there is clause of intention check which happens at Port of Entry (POE) by immigration officer. If you do not then it will raise questions on your intention to stay in nominated province and officer might not allow you to enter in Canada.

Reactions: Hopeless_despo

Hopeless_despo

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
If you got your PR through PNP then you have no choice but to land in Toronto as there is clause of intention check which happens at Port of Entry (POE) by immigration officer. If you do not then it will raise questions on your intention to stay in nominated province and officer might not allow you to enter in Canada.
But isn't it possible that I get a job somewhere else and not specifically in Ontario? Do I have to live there?