+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post COPR process

KumarN

Jun 1, 2017
Hi

My wife and I have got a COPR for Canada under the express entry scheme. The Visa is eligible till Nov. We are both in India as of now. However, we can't shift permanently before mid of next year. Can you please help confirm as under

1. Can we go to Canada for a small visit - 5-7 days to get a PR stamping on the passport and then return to India. Is this stamping as good as a PR card.
2. Can we have the PR card delivered to a friend's home. Seems like it takes a few weeks before the PR card is delivered. We are unlikely to be in Canada at the time the PR card arrives as we need to finish few formalities in India - is that OK?
3. What documents do we need to re-enter Canada when we are finally moving with bags and baggage? Do we need the PR card in our hands for a re-entry?

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others I am sure will comment
1)people do short landings all the time so this is not an issue but read up anything you can for 'goods to follow' customs process to save issues later.
2)no problem having a PR card delivered to a friend in Canada who should then forward to you either mail or courier
3)you need a PR card plus passport of course to board a plane given after (1) you would be considered PRs hence the need for the PR card in your hand. Read up various posts and official site for any customs formalities you need to complete on your return.