+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post CoPR Landing without Address

nanda.uday92

Oct 14, 2018
Hi,

I have got the CoPR and planning to land soon to complete the process. I don't plan to stay and would be coming back to the US on same day. Since I dont have an address , is that necessary for me to provide on when I land? Can I tell the officer that I can initiate the PR card process later when I am back. Also, in general what are the steps I need to follow if I am coming back on the same date of landing.

Thanks,
Nanda

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You don't need to provide an address when you land. You have 180 days after you land to provide IRCC with an address. If you are unable to do that your first card will be cancelled and you'll need to put in an application yourself and pay the fee

nanda.uday92

Oct 14, 2018
You don't need to provide an address when you land. You have 180 days after you land to provide IRCC with an address. If you are unable to do that your first card will be cancelled and you'll need to put in an application yourself and pay the fee
Thanks for the information. I dont plan to come back soon and will take more than 180 days. In that case, can I apply for PRTD and return to Canada. Will there be any issues with my PR status. When you say first card will be cancelled, will that affect the status in any way.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You can either apply for PRTD, or since you are in the US, you can drive to the border yourself and come in to Canada with your passport and CoPR
PR card is only an identity document. You are a PR with or without it. You can only lose PR status if it's officially revoked by IRCC