Mr@P

Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
JUNE 1 2018
Hey guys ,

This is a discussion thread about which province everyone is choosing and why ? So that everyone here gets an idea to choose their province to potentially settle down there .

And also we can tag along people who are going to the same province which might be helpful once we reach Canada .

Please feel free to leave a comment stating your province and why you have choosed it .

Mr@P

Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
JUNE 1 2018
My landing date - 24th March 2019 .

Am looking at Vancouver as a potential option to settle down .

My reason is the mild climate in Vancouver compared to other provinces !

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018

This is my humble advise that you should choose provinces based upon job oppurtunities rather than climate !

Vancouver is very expensive and most of your salary will be spent just paying rent.
The public transport system in Ontario is better than British Columbia. You will have to use public transport in the early stages of settling here while you get your drivers license .

Choose Ontario as it is a safe bet. When you go on job portals most of the jobs will be concentrated in the GTA, Mississauga and Waterloo regions.

You always have the option to resettle in other provinces but as a new comer, Ontario is the most viable option. Since ontario is so close to the usa border, there are a lot of american companies in this province, therefore greater job oppurtunities.

Dont even think of immigrating to Quebec, Sasketwaan, New Brunswick ,Nova Scotia.
A new immigrant will struggle there as jobs will be hard to come by.

Alberta and Manitoba are a mixed bag. There are some who have secured a good job after landing there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Chang

Mr@P

Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
JUNE 1 2018
This is my humble advise that you should choose provinces based upon job oppurtunities rather than climate !

Vancouver is very expensive and most of your salary will be spent just paying rent.
The public transport system in Ontario is better than British Columbia. You will have to use public transport in the early stages of settling here while you get your drivers license .

Choose Ontario as it is a safe bet. When you go on job portals most of the jobs will be concentrated in the GTA, Mississauga and Waterloo regions.

You always have the option to resettle in other provinces but as a new comer, Ontario is the most viable option. Since ontario is so close to the usa border, there are a lot of american companies in this province, therefore greater job oppurtunities.

Dont even think of immigrating to Quebec, Sasketwaan, New Brunswick ,Nova Scotia.
A new immigrant will struggle there as jobs will be hard to come by.

Alberta and Manitoba are a mixed bag. There are some who have secured a good job after landing there.
Thank you very much for the detailed information .

Actually my bet in choosing Vancouver are the below reasons :

1. I have little one who is 2 and half years old and I don’t want to take her to Ontario as it’s very cold there .

2. Vancouver has decent job opportunities for me ( I worked as a Business development manager and operations manager )

3. I have friends in Vancouver who can help me initially

4. Eventually after an year or so I want to start my own business so compared to Ontario ( assuming Toronto ) where the competition is more due to population. I wanted to choose Vancouver !

5. We lived in Auckland for 5 years and doesn’t feel Vancouver is expensive .

More over we are considering Vancouver as a potential place to settle down only ! If we get better opportunities else where we will sure move out !

Reactions: cansha and TanuP

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019

Vancouver is mild but it rains a lot!

Weather shouldn't be the primary factor, look at the jobs in your field. Calculate living expenses also. Good luck !

Reactions: Mr@P

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Thank you very much for the detailed information .

Actually my bet in choosing Vancouver are the below reasons :

1. I have little one who is 2 and half years old and I don’t want to take her to Ontario as it’s very cold there .

2. Vancouver has decent job opportunities for me ( I worked as a Business development manager and operations manager )

3. I have friends in Vancouver who can help me initially

4. Eventually after an year or so I want to start my own business so compared to Ontario ( assuming Toronto ) where the competition is more due to population. I wanted to choose Vancouver !

5. We lived in Auckland for 5 years and doesn’t feel Vancouver is expensive .

More over we are considering Vancouver as a potential place to settle down only ! If we get better opportunities else where we will sure move out !
If you have friends, they should be able to guide you better. Ask lots of questions!

Mr@P

Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
JUNE 1 2018
If you have friends, they should be able to guide you better. Ask lots of questions!
Yeah have been trying to gather as much information I can . Would appreciate if you can share any valuable information regarding the city and the ideal places to live in Vancouver , and any other things which I should be aware of ?

Reactions: TanuP

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Yeah have been trying to gather as much information I can . Would appreciate if you can share any valuable information regarding the city and the ideal places to live in Vancouver , and any other things which I should be aware of ?
DM me your questions, pls :)

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Unable to do so as you have restricted access to everyone to DM you :/
Try now. Sorry!!! Didn't realize it was restricted :)