+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-Cancelled Spousal Sponsorship

1mind

Aug 5, 2016
I just separated from my wife part way through my spousal sponsorship process, which (unless I am mistaken) means that I will no longer be getting my PR through that route. I am looking now at getting sponsored by my mom, who recently got her PR. When I looked at the CIC website, it looked as though it is not possible to get sponsored by a family member when you are married to a canadian citizen, and divorce will take a year to go through. Any thoughts on this?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
1mind said:
I just separated from my wife part way through my spousal sponsorship process, which (unless I am mistaken) means that I will no longer be getting my PR through that route. I am looking now at getting sponsored by my mom, who recently got her PR. When I looked at the CIC website, it looked as though it is not possible to get sponsored by a family member when you are married to a canadian citizen, and divorce will take a year to go through. Any thoughts on this?
Your mom can't sponsor you unless you are aged 18 or under, and were included as a dependent on her own PR application. So I assume that would disqualify you.