+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post C6, application returned for question 9C,

mayur.mech

Mar 11, 2015
Hi All,
I did stay outside Canada during eligibility and had selected yes for question 9C. I had attached an explanation too. But still the application was returned because I did not fill CIT 0177. That is ridiculous. And the interesting part is I am still not sure how to fill for m CIT0177 or how to answer 9c truthfully without filling CIT0177.

Any suggestions.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Sorry what happened to you.

they are usually just Jerks, but since you still claim you dont know how to fill it and they dont need explanation for that as you have to calculate on this case i give CIC benefit of the doubt.

I think in your next application you should CIC directly because even here you dont mention how many days u have been away, also you need to have that address.

If iam you i would take the returned Application and this letter to settlement agencies in your town who have CIC Forms dedicated expert like if you are in Toronto i suggest Woodgreen settlement services on Danforth & Greenwood or GTA YMCA or your ethnic settlement services if you prefer service your home language. Etc phillipino, Polish, Jewish JVS, chinese or Indians have their settlement services funded by government.

I suggest you get help from above services to avoid delays.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
What I did, as my lawyer suggested, was submit the form and answer section A question 1, 3, 4 and 6 and section B question 1 and 2 with N/A. I then signed and dated the document and sent it along with my application. Additionally, we added a cover letter and addressed that CIT10177E does not apply to me but still provided it because of the requirements.

I trust his advise and hopefully I should not have any issues.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
OMG. I think that the only possible rational explanation can be that the person who was assessing the completeness (or otherwise) of your application must have been either a new/green employee at IRCC, or else one of the densest individuals on staff there. After your post this evening, I expect that IRCC's switchboard will be jammed with pre-emptive calls tomorrow concerning this particular matter.

mayur.mech

Mar 11, 2015
I posted this in part to get advice also to make other aware that answering Yes and providing a explanation is not sufficient.
I would be interested to know if there are other people who did the same but their application was accepted.

they are usually just Jerks, but since you still claim you dont know how to fill it and they dont need explanation for that as you have to calculate on this case i give CIC benefit of the doubt.

I think in your next application you should CIC directly because even here you dont mention how many days u have been away, also you need to have that address.

If iam you i would take the returned Application and this letter to settlement agencies in your town who have CIC Forms dedicated expert like if you are in Toronto i suggest Woodgreen settlement services on Danforth & Greenwood or GTA YMCA or your ethnic settlement services if you prefer service your home language. Etc phillipino, Polish, Jewish JVS, chinese or Indians have their settlement services funded by government.

I claim that I do not know how to fill so that CIC accepts the file. I provided everything that they could ask for and I tried to be as truthful as I could.

What I did, as my lawyer suggested, was submit the form and answer section A question 1, 3, 4 and 6 and section B question 1 and 2 with N/A. I then signed and dated the document and sent it along with my application. Additionally, we added a cover letter and addressed that CIT10177E does not apply to me but still provided it because of the requirements.

That might actually work.

That sounds very unlucky. Can I ask when your application was received by CIC?
Received on Nov 2nd 2017.

mayur.mech

Mar 11, 2015

When was your application received by CIC. May be I should wait a bit to know how other filled whose application was accepted.
They generated this response on Nov 20th & I received the letter today on Nov 28th. 8 days wasted.

mayur.mech

Mar 11, 2015

I am in downtown toronto. Do you really think they would be able to help?

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Based on the explanation of this question, I always interpreted it as meaning: During your eligibility period, did you live outside of Canada and wish to claim those days as residency days (knowing that in very rare cases do we permit applicants to count those days)?

In that sense, I've always imagined that 99% of people should answer No to this question...again, that's based on the description of the question. I think the question itself is very poorly worded...but I'm not sure.

Someone else said that maybe you should answer Yes, submit the CIT0177 with a bunch of N/As in it...I really don't know if that's the correct way to do it.

Anyone else care to shed some light?

Ava449

Jul 24, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Based on the explanation of this question, I always interpreted it as meaning: During your eligibility period, did you live outside of Canada and wish to claim those days as residency days (knowing that in very rare cases do we permit applicants to count those days)?

In that sense, I've always imagined that 99% of people should answer No to this question...again, that's based on the description of the question. I think the question itself is very poorly worded...but I'm not sure.

Someone else said that maybe you should answer Yes, submit the CIT0177 with a bunch of N/As in it...I really don't know if that's the correct way to do it.

Anyone else care to shed some light?
My husband answered just no ..causd it wasn't applicable to him although he lived outside Canda during his eligibilty period before he became PR but he answered no cause it's not applicable to him to claim those days ...and he received AOR..

Reactions: DESIGN.IQ

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
I am in downtown toronto. Do you really think they would be able to help?
WoodGreen Community filled for me both PR App in and Citizenship app and my relatives cousins ones.

do they real help? Yes
call Woodgreen@: 416-645-6000
and ask you need help filling your app, have blank new November updated app printed handy with also
CIT0177 form. Make sure you fulfill residency requirement excluding days u were out because there is no way around that. and addresses u stayed IN and OUT of Canada handy too.

Also your nearest YMCA downtown at Yonge & College Newcomer centre: 416-925-5462
I haven't been ymca this location for long time but they helped me a lot when I arrived 2010 and did my referral linc class test here.

U MUST FILL CIT0177 and corresponding residency calculator form clearly showing u meet residency requirement. or your app will be returned again or get processed and finally get your app on Hold by judge for many months or years because of missing travel dates RQ, Many people are in deep nightmare because of RQ it has no time limits, last thing you want is Judge ask you for RQ or missing residency alert because u travelled and paperwork's were not handled properly before AOR.

They don't need cover letter or explanation about your business or if you went honeymoon, concert or dying relative.

good luck.

Last edited:

ravishingrj

Oct 9, 2015
I has done same answering for 9c and now is getting more n more tension for this. Mines was nov 2nd delivering also.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
OP

did your spouse who is Canadian citizen employed by Government of Canada abroad? or lived with Your Canadian spouse abroad? Then why u have to fill that form if you travelled abroad for your own business or pleasure? the form clearly says EMPLOYEE OF CANADA CROWN Government. there is more to this and clearly everybody is trying to help on the forum but we are also confused.

If YOU or Your spuse not employee of crown corporation then call CIC tomorrow and ask them my spouse is not employed by government of Canada but I was abroad maybe they will send you another simple form or another instruction for how to fill the citizenship app form itself for if u been abroad for business, pleasure or family visit of that visiting country.

I don't think u need to fill this form if u travelled for your own reason and not canadian spouse but just simply providing addresses u stayed abroad like everyone else.

ALSO Question 6 is YES or NO, if yes you just list the name, no explanation or N/A allowed anything else is red Flag.

I think they really they stopped even reading the app the moment u messed up question 6 and didn't even bothered reading more and if they do they will look for another justification like mess at Q9.

uuuuuuuch!

Last edited:

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
The question, when read in conjunction with the guidance notes, is very clear.
Only answer YES if you want to claim time outside of Canada because you meet the stated requirements.
Otherwise you answer NO.

If you answer YES, then include a completed form CIT0177 and all associated proof.

The system/process cannot cope with answering YES and then NOT supplying form CIT0177.
The AOR process and the data entry clerk CANNOT change your answers based on your addendum. This would open the whole process to abuse by supplying conflicting information in the official form and then changing answers in Addendums .

Reactions: DESIGN.IQ