+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-AOR Step By Step

A1554069

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Hello everyone! Can someone please confirm what are the timelines for COPR (visa for landing in Canada)? Also if someone can give a step wise timeline for the entire express entry process? TIA

canadacommunity_2018

Oct 12, 2018
Greetings
Sometimes the messages are not sequential or chronological, you might not see any status change and all of the suddent you might receive Request for Passport. If you are here upto this point you are in good shape just wait it might take a while, Good luck.
Thank you for the reply

A1554069

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Very helpful! Thank you :)
Hey if your medical passed date is March 20th, 2018, until when is your COPR valid? I mean the landing visa? From what I know you can land in Canada within 1 year of your medical exam validity which would mean, in this case, March 20th 2019? Is it advisable to make a landing as soon as possible?

canadacommunity_2018

Oct 12, 2018
Hi,

Could someone please let me know if I am in NA1 or IP2 status as per the below status message

The point is I was asked for medical exam in my document checklist , so I am not sure why is says I don't need a medical exam. Is that a default message for everyone at the beginning?

Call me foolish but I never checked the status message after AOR as I was not aware of these updates. And since then I have received a couple of emails saying my status has been updated. So I am not sure what the changes are in my application status.

Review of eligibility:We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results :You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents : We do not need additional documents.
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check : Not applicable.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks for your help.
what is your AOR date?

canadacommunity_2018

Oct 12, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have submitted my PR application months ago. Tomorrow I will be receiving my Master's degree God's Will. Should I report this to CIC? please advise...

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Hi everyone,
I have submitted my PR application months ago. Tomorrow I will be receiving my Master's degree God's Will. Should I report this to CIC? please advise...
if you have already submitted your application and not claimed points (which you wouldn't have since it was not complete) then no need...but do get WES evaluation done as a backup if you feel like....

canadacommunity_2018

Oct 12, 2018
if you have already submitted your application and not claimed points (which you wouldn't have since it was not complete) then no need...but do get WES evaluation done as a backup if you feel like....
Thanks for your answer, but do you mean get a WES evaluation report and send or leave as a back up (for the case if needed later)?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Thanks for your answer, but do you mean get a WES evaluation report and send or leave as a back up (for the case if needed later)?
Nah get WES evaluation and keep it with you for now....Just in case....

alexsteve

Jan 19, 2019
i applied and Got AOR on same day i e. on 16th jan 2019 and on 17 jan i am getting message that they are checking eligibility, medical not required and background check is in progress.... according to this post they start background check after 1 month when medical is done.. so how my background check i.e. IP2 stage started so early.. I think there is no set procedure.

sawab don

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
i applied and Got AOR on same day i e. on 16th jan 2019 and on 17 jan i am getting message that they are checking eligibility, medical not required and background check is in progress.... according to this post they start background check after 1 month when medical is done.. so how my background check i.e. IP2 stage started so early.. I think there is no set procedure.
This background started message is the new norm for everybody now, every case starts with IP2 background check message, your eligibility hasnt really started yet.

alexsteve

Jan 19, 2019
This background started message is the new norm for everybody now, every case starts with IP2 background check message, your eligibility hasnt really started yet.
is it a good thing? I mean its just a message or they are actually doing IP2 verification