+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POST AOR question, Laid off next month Please Help !!!

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

I applied CEC inland with AOR Oct 2019 as closed work permit which will expire next April 2020. I also claimed 50 points to have enough point to apply EE.....unfortunately, my company likely to laid me off this December.....will my current PR application be refused ? And what will happen after the company terminate my contract ?Would I still be able legaly stay and work in Canada ?

Any advices will be really appriciated !!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone,

I applied CEC inland with AOR Oct 2019 as closed work permit which will expire next April 2020. I also claimed 50 points to have enough point to apply EE.....unfortunately, my company likely to laid me off this December.....will my current PR application be refused ? And what will happen after the company terminate my contract ?Would I still be able legaly stay and work in Canada ?

Any advices will be really appriciated !!!
Not sure how this will affect your points, since you have already applied. However, while you can stay in Canada as a visitor until your work permit expires, you can not work, unless you get a new work permit. A PR application gives no "implied status" and being a closed work permit, it's not transferrable to another employer.

Check out the following information. You can't use it yet, but may be able to closer to the expiry date of your current work permit.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Reactions: s5773377

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Not sure how this will affect your points, since you have already applied. However, while you can stay in Canada as a visitor until your work permit expires, you can not work, unless you get a new work permit. A PR application gives no "implied status" and being a closed work permit, it's not transferrable to another employer.

Check out the following information. You can't use it yet, but may be able to closer to the expiry date of your current work permit.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
Thank you so much for your infor.....I am really appriciated your help....i were very stressful recent weeks