+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post AOR- Do we need to keep Proof of funds as is till the final decision

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
I showed my bank account statement as my proof of funds. My AOR was in March and my application is still in progress. Two months ago I transferred my funds from this bank account to Liquid Mutual fund(which is easy to redeem in 2-3 days fund).
Now the balance in my bank account is almost half than the requirement and what I have shown during AOR.

Question:Would this create any problem? I am assuming CIC should be concerned with last six month statement of proof of the funds that I showed during POF?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
knowAndShare said:
I showed my bank account statement as my proof of funds. My AOR was in March and my application is still in progress. Two months ago I transferred my funds from this bank account to Liquid Mutual fund(which is easy to redeem in 2-3 days fund).
Now the balance in my bank account is almost half than the requirement and what I have shown during AOR.

Question:Would this create any problem? I am assuming CIC should be concerned with last six month statement of proof of the funds that I showed during POF?
Ideally, yes the funds should be maintained. Sometimes, the case officer could ask for updated POF, but the chances are less. But as long as you can get back the funds to your account and prove that the funds belong to you and is not a loan or borrowed funds you are good. In your case, you can show the proof of investing in mutual funds, mutual fund statement as on the date of redemption and the bank statement for the month in which the redemption proceeds is credited to your bank account.

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Stanlee said:
Ideally, yes the funds should be maintained. Sometimes, the case officer could ask for updated POF, but the chances are less. But as long as you can get back the funds to your account and prove that the funds belong to you and is not a loan or borrowed funds you are good. In your case, you can show the proof of investing in mutual funds, mutual fund statement as on the date of redemption and the bank statement for the month in which the redemption proceeds is credited to your bank account.
Thanks for the reply Stanlee.
As a precaution, I am pulling back required funds into my bank account.