+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to waive medical exam for non-accompanying dependent?

sobysam01

Jul 9, 2023
Letters, emails between you and your ex that she is unwilling for the children to do the medicals. If you have a lawyer and the lawyer has any contact with your ex then all documentation.
in my case I went to court to try to force the ex-wife to submit the children to a medical examination but I lost the case because she is the one who has custody and she refuses. would this be enough to convince ircc ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
in my case I went to court to try to force the ex-wife to submit the children to a medical examination but I lost the case because she is the one who has custody and she refuses. would this be enough to convince ircc ?
Yes, if you went to court to get medical exams done then submit all documentation. If you also have tests, letters and email with your ex and lawyer documentation too then include it. You do know that if approved by IRCC then you can never sponsor your children.

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
When did you submit your application? How long has it been since ircc started demanding the child's medical?

Reactions: sobysam01

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes that should be enough proof that you have gone above and beyond plus I assume there were multiple attempts before getting to court. I would include proof of all those attempts in your application

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
Application submitted in January, 2023
First examination request in February
Second request in june
Hey, did you have to upload photos of the non accompanying dependents? I'm just wondering because I don't think my partner's ex will allow passport photos of the kids to be taken. Please let me know if photos are required for non accompanying children. Thanks

Reactions: sobysam01

Dandrew

Sep 18, 2023
am in a similar situation like you. I submitted all the evidences and required documents but still CIC asked for the medical. Then I uploaded more documents to support. It's been 9 months since my AoR but my medical status in the profile says " we did not receive the results of your required medical exam". But in additional document section it says " we are reviewing the additional documents that you provided" I am really clueless now about what is happening.
Hello,

I am in the same situation, my ex won't allow our child to do the medical exam. Can anyone help me or send the format of statutory declaration? What must be the content in the letter? Thank you in advance for your help.

sobysam01

Jul 9, 2023
Hello,

I am in the same situation, my ex won't allow our child to do the medical exam. Can anyone help me or send the format of statutory declaration? What must be the content in the letter? Thank you in advance for your help.
This issue is one of the most frustrating things I've ever experienced
We have to convince the officer that we did ALL reasonable efforts to meet this requirement
Most lowers said me that the key is :
WE HAVE TO DO ALL REASONABLE EFFORTS TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT !
Some officer will ask for examination again and again until we prouve that we did all reasonable efforts...
some of them need proof that we ask for this at the Court and court refuses....

For more information you can read the judgments IRCC VS karunanithi "2017"
Or IRCC VS Jane "2019"
Best regards.