nicehoilove

Feb 7, 2013
Hi just wondering if you had no problem so far settling in quebec
im about to follow the same steps
please let me know
thanks !

saurabhya

Feb 18, 2015
hi,,,finally how did u manage to settle in montreal after landing in toronto.

could u travel to montreal immediately with the intention of settling there

Cairo said:
Hi all,
I am a FSW applicant and would like to move to Montreal after I do the landing procedure in any city in Ontario. I have the following questions:

1. Is it possible to give a Montreal address to receive my PR card?
2. Shall I apply for the SIN and the Health Insurance in Ontario first then change it to Montreal or should I wait till I arrive Montreal and apply for one?
3. Can I apply for a driving license in Montreal straight away or should I go through the procedure in ON?
4. In general, will it be problematic to settle in Quebec after applying under FSW laws?

Thanks.

ioorabh

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Hello All ,

Thankyou for the all support. I was called for Passport sumission last week for express entry and I have COPR with me now. The visa says I can land there by April 2017.

i had a few queries . Please let me know if you can answer the same -

1. The COPR document says destination city as Vancouver . Do I specifically need to land to Vancouver to complete the PR process? I am still looking for a job , what if it is in Toronto? Can I complete the PR process while landing in Toronto or any other Canadian City? Can anyone confirm? I have NOT applied for PNP

2. Also I heard Quebec has different laws . Can I Work in Montreal with the same PR Card ? As in I am outside Canada as of today. If I get the job in Quebec, can I travel to directly there to complete the PR process ? Please share details or links if any. I think I may get a job in Quebec, Is it possible that I land in Toronto(for example) or any city, complete the process. Give my friend's address who lives in Toront to get my PR card delivered and travel to Montreal via bus etc with COPR approved document ( which acts as a PR card). Once the PR card gets to my delivered within weeks, I travel to collect my card and finally done.

Do you think that works?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ioorabh said:
Hello All ,

Thankyou for the all support. I was called for Passport sumission last week for express entry and I have COPR with me now. The visa says I can land there by April 2017.

1. The COPR document says destination city as Vancouver . Do I specifically need to land to Vancouver to complete the PR process? I am still looking for a job , what if it is in Toronto? Can I complete the PR process while landing in Toronto or any other Canadian City? Can anyone confirm? I have NOT applied for PNP

2. Also I heard Quebec has different laws . Can I Work in Montreal with the same PR Card ? As in I am outside Canada as of today. If I get the job in Quebec, can I travel to directly there to complete the PR process ? Please share details or links if any. I think I may get a job in Quebec, Is it possible that I land in Toronto(for example) or any city, complete the process. Give my friend's address who lives in Toront to get my PR card delivered and travel to Montreal via bus etc with COPR approved document ( which acts as a PR card). Once the PR card gets to my delivered within weeks, I travel to collect my card and finally done.

Do you think that works?
You complete your landing at the first entry port in Canada. If the entry port is Halifax NS, then you complete your PR process there. Afterwards, you can take domestic flights to Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto is up to you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ioorabh said:
Hello All ,

Do you think that works?
1. No, you don't need to land in Vancouver but you should preferably land outside Quebec and give a non-Quebec address. This is because Quebec has it's own immigration program and if you wanted to settle there, you should have applied for their program directly. You should not tell immigration when you land that you are planning on settling in Quebec and should they open your suitcase, they should not find it full of brochures about the wonderful of Quebec, job applications for Quebec etc.

2. Yes, you can land outside Quebec, give a Toronto address for your PR card and then go directly to Quebec and start applying for jobs. When your friend gets the PR card, you can go visit and pick it up or you can ask them to mail it to you.

Zeeez

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
Doc's Request.
-
AOR Received.
12-08-2016
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Hi Leon,

I have a similar question. I applied for my wife and sons sponsorship from Toronto as I was living there at that time. I was in Toronto for 5-6 months and during this time a I got my sponsorship approval and immigration file of my family was transferred to to London Visa Office. At that time I was applying for jobs in canada and luckily I got one in Montreal. So I moved here. Because my sponsorship was approved and we are almost at the end of the immigration process for my wife. I didn't told the visa office that I have moved (in my sponsorship application I did mentioned that I am looking for jobs). Now my family is arriving next month and they will land in Toronto. Do you think they should apply for OHIP first and then Quebec health insurance? Or should we apply directly for Quebec's health insurance? Would it create any problems?

Zeeez

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
Doc's Request.
-
AOR Received.
12-08-2016
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
If you are unable to stay in ON for 3 months, then forget OHIP. If they find out you are not really living in ON and applying for OHIP, you will have problems. In that case, just land in ON, give an ON address for your PR cards and then take your chances on going to Montreal right away. I think it is unlikely that you will have any problems.
Hi Leon,

I have a similar question. I applied for my wife and sons sponsorship from Toronto as I was living there at that time. I was in Toronto for 5-6 months and during this time a I got my sponsorship approval and immigration file of my family was transferred to to London Visa Office. At that time I was applying for jobs in canada and luckily I got one in Montreal. So I moved here. Because my sponsorship was approved and we are almost at the end of the immigration process for my wife. I didn't told the visa office that I have moved (in my sponsorship application I did mentioned that I am looking for jobs). Now my family is arriving next month and they will land in Toronto. Do you think they should apply for OHIP first and then Quebec health insurance? Or should we apply directly for Quebec's health insurance? Would it create any problems?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Leon,

They should not apply for OHIP unless they are planning on living in Ontario for at least 5 months afterwards. Otherwise it would be health care fraud. They can apply for their SIN's in Ontario though. Then they can join you in Montreal and you can accompany them to apply for RAMQ.

A PR is free to live and work anywhere in Canada. Quebec immigration can be ticked off that you didn't apply for CSQ for them but then again you were not living in Quebec when you applied to sponsor them. RAMQ is not immigration so they might not even give you any trouble about it.

Hemraj717

Nov 21, 2017
Hello,
I am actually pursuing a post grad. course in Ontario and want to move to Montreal afterwards. I speak french also. Will that help with the process for PR?

Thank you.

Fayce87

Jun 30, 2019
Did anyone here Land in Canada through FWS then immediately move to Qc and get citizenship afterward ?