+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

iceberg82

May 2, 2023
Any updates from vancouver office? I sent an email no response.
Oath cancelled on 25th April
I applied from Vancouver but it appears that my oath was scheduled by the Saskatchewan office. I tried emailing and calling IRCC, I was told that I haven't been rescheduled yet. Looks like we really lucked out with the strike, now it's anyones guess when it'll happen

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
My oath taking is originally scheduled for May 8. Have not received any cancellation notice. Is there anyone here with the same date? Any updates?

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
I called this morning to IRCC. I was originally scheduled to take oath on 20th April Mississauga office. New date planned for the ceremony on 12th May the agent confirmed. Waiting for official email or tracker update. She told me to wait atleast until Friday may, 5 for official email.
My original date was 26th, I was told to wait around a week before new date.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I called this morning to IRCC. I was originally scheduled to take oath on 20th April Mississauga office. New date planned for the ceremony on 12th May the agent confirmed. Waiting for official email or tracker update. She told me to wait atleast until Friday may, 5 for official email.
Yeah same as me so you’ll get the in person, seeing on the IRCC website only SCR doing in person that day, also waiting for Friday May 5th official email .

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Are in-person VS virtual oaths assigned randomly, or do we have a choice between the two?
Also, do all people get the certificate the same day with the in-person?

netghost

May 5, 2020
Ok, just called IRCC and the agent confirmed, that my mom's May 3rd oath (which was supposed to be online according to the agent, and for which we never received an actual invitation) was cancelled and that she will be rescheduled.

• Sad
Reactions: Dr. Walden

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
Lads, I was originally scheduled for May 8th Ceremony which is next week Monday.
Got my notice to appear email on March 8th before the strike, that's one month prior notice and my ceremony date still stand with no cancelation after the strike. Just wondering if any mate on here have the same schedule 8th May like i do?

Office: Manitoba.
Congrats to everyone of us scheduled for oath ceremony. :cool:

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Are in-person VS virtual oaths assigned randomly, or do we have a choice between the two?
Also, do all people get the certificate the same day with the in-person?
In-person and virtual oaths are randomly distributed and you cant choose. But yes, in-person oaths get the certificate right away where as virtual oath certificates are sent after the ceremony

Bella252525

May 2, 2023
Hello, anybody on the sameboat like me, my scheduled is tomorrow May 03 but I don't recieve anything, what should I do? I sent any email about this but I don't receive anything yet just the automated email from IRCC. Please help

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Congrats! We are both the same. Mine was originally April 27th from Calgary VO. Did you receive the notice to appear yet? I have only received an email saying rescheduled to May 10 but no instructions for the zoom meeting and etc.
He didn't receive the notice to appear yet, the email said to expect it in the next couple of days tho! Congrats btw!!!

pinkberries

Nov 19, 2018
Hi, my original oath ceremony was at 7:45 am on April 19 (the day the strike began) and was cancelled 13 mins before it was scheduled to take place.

I just received an email that it has been rescheduled to take place on May 10 at 8:30 am in person in Mississauga office. Very happy, can’t wait!