+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

vancouver7132

May 2, 2023
Install TextNow and get a Canadian number. Calls to 888-242-2100 work thought that app.

I called them last week on Tuesday, they said that it would be rescheduled automatically if strike didn't end by the oath date. Haven't tried calling the today.
Thanks I'm calling now 5 times already after speaking to a machine they say all lines busy call later

hardik23

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
I have oath ceremony scheduled on May 11th. How ever I had not received any email invite. I called IRCC this afternoon. The agent was very polite she has requested SCR office to send me an email and I have received confirmation just after 2 hours.

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
Called IRCC, got to know that my Oath is scheduled on 11th May (virtually), my first oath which was cancelled was 20th April (Mississauga office), she told me she will drop them a note to send me the email.
now waiting for the email or tracker update to confirm

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
you should be happy that you got the reply and scheduled. Other offices are not replying/setting up ceremonies.
Yes, I guess you’re right. I’ll look on the positive side of things. At least there’s still hope that I can make my travel date!

Kaiiju

Jul 10, 2019
My partner just got rescheduled today for May 10th (virtually) from Calgary VO :D
Originally scheduled and then cancelled on April 27th.
Congrats! We are both the same. Mine was originally April 27th from Calgary VO. Did you receive the notice to appear yet? I have only received an email saying rescheduled to May 10 but no instructions for the zoom meeting and etc.

• Love
Reactions: irinaaas11

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
I wouldn't recommend that. I tried doing the same thing with my previously scheduled date on the 27th. I even sent the SCR office an urgent letter by mail asking for an earlier oath date because of work travel for May 1st, with proof attached (letter from company, tickets, etc), and my request was still denied for urgent processing. They usually recommend you ask the judge during your time with them on your ceremony day and present your situation, but the judge may accept or reject your plea and you may have to wait for your certificate. Plus, even if you're granted the certificate or e-cert, the passport office will need a few days to process a first time passport. Renewals are quicker to process on an urgent basis but first time applicants take a while. I would suggest you either move your travel date until you receive all your documents, or reschedule your oath ceremony until after your trip.
Thanks for the info. Actually that is what I meant (ask them on the day of the ceremony for expedited certificate).

But I was also considering sending them an email for an earlier oath date, but I think I will just leave it as it is (as you recommended).

I’ll take my chances that they will grant me the expedited certificate (or give me the option to pick it up from the Scarborough office). My dad is undergoing a medical procedure and my presence is required. I’m hoping a letter from his doctor and my ticket for June 2 works.

Or else, worst case scenario, I will have to change my trip (which will be a huge hassle and cost to change my non refundable ticket and change dates of medical procedure!)

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
folks who have their Oaths rescheduled already, is there any update on the tracker with new ceremony details or any update at all?

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Strongly recommend, I sent a simple flight conformation for my vacation attached to the ceremony email and got a in person rescheduled date for next week, nothing to try don't discourage no one, cece.

send another email with proof 747-captain ,do it
OK, if there’s no harm in trying maybe I’ll just do it. After all, at the most they will say ”no” and keep my date.