+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

Kaiiju

Jul 10, 2019
We are pleased to inform you that the IRCC local office in Vancouver has completed the verifications for your eligibility to become a Canadian citizen. On May 1, 2023, an email inviting you to attend the citizenship ceremony was sent to you. The appointment is scheduled on May 10, 2023.

My original date was the virtual ceremony CALGARY OFFICE, APRIL 27th which got canceled last week. I just received this via email inquiry reply this morning but have not received the email invitation yet. Hopefully over the next 2 days.

Reactions: irinaaas11

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Just got a reply from Scarborough office. They've scheduled me for the 24th of May at 8:30 am (virtual ceremony). I'm not too happy! :(

......now I'll have to show them my ticket etc. on the day of the ceremony to get the certificate right away, so I can get a "next day" emergency passport! I'm freaking out. Hopefully that works out!
you should be happy that you got the reply and scheduled. Other offices are not replying/setting up ceremonies.

Apr 8, 2020
We are pleased to inform you that the IRCC local office in Vancouver has completed the verifications for your eligibility to become a Canadian citizen. On May 1, 2023, an email inviting you to attend the citizenship ceremony was sent to you. The appointment is scheduled on May 10, 2023.

My original date was the virtual ceremony CALGARY OFFICE, APRIL 27th which got canceled last week. I just received this via email inquiry reply this morning but have not received the email invitation yet. Hopefully over the next 2 days.
Hi , Did you email them enquiring for a date and if so how ? I too was scheduled in the for a virtual ceremony at the Calgary office on Apr 27, 2023 but cancelled due to the strike.

ambq91

Jan 29, 2019

Also scheduled from Calgary on 25th which got cancelled. Did you email Calgary CIC? If yes, when did you drop the email?

I emailed today and got an auto reply.

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Just got a reply from Scarborough office. They've scheduled me for the 24th of May at 8:30 am (virtual ceremony). I'm not too happy! :(

......now I'll have to show them my ticket etc. on the day of the ceremony to get the certificate right away, so I can get a "next day" emergency passport! I'm freaking out. Hopefully that works out!
I wouldn't recommend that. I tried doing the same thing with my previously scheduled date on the 27th. I even sent the SCR office an urgent letter by mail asking for an earlier oath date because of work travel for May 1st, with proof attached (letter from company, tickets, etc), and my request was still denied for urgent processing. They usually recommend you ask the judge during your time with them on your ceremony day and present your situation, but the judge may accept or reject your plea and you may have to wait for your certificate. Plus, even if you're granted the certificate or e-cert, the passport office will need a few days to process a first time passport. Renewals are quicker to process on an urgent basis but first time applicants take a while. I would suggest you either move your travel date until you receive all your documents, or reschedule your oath ceremony until after your trip.

netghost

May 5, 2020
I'm in the same position as your mother, my tracker says it's tomorrow however I have not received an email, I want to call ircc but I'm not in canada, can you call them 1-888-242-2100 and let me know what they say, I try calling them but that number only works if you are in canada, I email them since yesterday but no answer
Install TextNow and get a Canadian number. Calls to 888-242-2100 work thought that app.

I called them last week on Tuesday, they said that it would be rescheduled automatically if strike didn't end by the oath date. Haven't tried calling the today.

Kaiiju

Jul 10, 2019
Also scheduled from Calgary on 25th which got cancelled. Did you email Calgary CIC? If yes, when did you drop the email?

I emailed today and got an auto reply.
The funny thing is this email was sent to them on MARCH 1st, for the inquiries that never got a reply. My ceremony was later scheduled for APRIL 27th with no reply from anyone which is think it's ok since everything is planned for.

Now they reply to the previous inquiry for the canceled one (APRIL 27th) to be on MAY 10. I do not have an invitation for May 10 yet (even though they said sent on May 1st) but I'll give it a few days since they just got back to work.

Reactions: ambq91

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
For those in Niagara office just like me, good luck! My Oath was going to be April 19th at 8am. I replied to the email they sent cancelling the Oath (due to the strike), asking if I was rescheduled, their response was:

"We are currently in the process of rescheduling everyone that has unfortunately missed their Oath of Citizenship Ceremony due to the strike action and knowing that many people all have circumstances to deal with. You should receive your Notice to Appear in due course as we are focusing on those individuals first."

I AM one of those individuals and people didn't missed their ceremony due to the strike, the ceremonies were cancelled by them due to the strike.

This office is so frustrating. I'm done with them, whenever it happens it happens.

Reactions: 747-captain

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
For those in Niagara office just like me, good luck! My Oath was going to be April 19th at 8am. I replied to the email they sent cancelling the Oath (due to the strike), asking if I was rescheduled, their response was:

"We are currently in the process of rescheduling everyone that has unfortunately missed their Oath of Citizenship Ceremony due to the strike action and knowing that many people all have circumstances to deal with. You should receive your Notice to Appear in due course as we are focusing on those individuals first."

I AM one of those individuals and people didn't missed their ceremony due to the strike, the ceremonies were cancelled by them due to the strike.

This office is so frustrating. I'm done with them, whenever it happens it happens.
Lets give them some time(god knows how much).
This is their general reply to all the people who are asking for ceremony updates including whose ceremony was not cancelled/scheduled.

They are saying that "we are focusing on those individuals first" people like you and me. I am one of those also and I never got any reply for them either.
Only black hole is "due course of time :)"

Reactions: javier.abraham

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I wouldn't recommend that. I tried doing the same thing with my previously scheduled date on the 27th. I even sent the SCR office an urgent letter by mail asking for an earlier oath date because of work travel for May 1st, with proof attached (letter from company, tickets, etc), and my request was still denied for urgent processing. They usually recommend you ask the judge during your time with them on your ceremony day and present your situation, but the judge may accept or reject your plea and you may have to wait for your certificate. Plus, even if you're granted the certificate or e-cert, the passport office will need a few days to process a first time passport. Renewals are quicker to process on an urgent basis but first time applicants take a while. I would suggest you either move your travel date until you receive all your documents, or reschedule your oath ceremony until after your trip.
Strongly recommend, I sent a simple flight conformation for my vacation attached to the ceremony email and got a in person rescheduled date for next week, nothing to try don't discourage no one, cece.

send another email with proof 747-captain ,do it

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Strongly recommend, I sent a simple flight conformation for my vacation attached to the ceremony email and got a in person rescheduled date for next week, nothing to try don't discourage no one, cece.

send another email with proof 747-captain ,do it
The difference between you and this person is that you sent your request before you got rescheduled for your new date. This person has already been given a date and isn't asking for another date, they want to ask the judge for a certificate issued same day so they can get a rush passport. Your situations are not the same

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
The difference between you and this person is that you sent your request before you got rescheduled for your new date. This person has already been given a date and isn't asking for another date, they want to ask the judge for a certificate issued same day so they can get a rush passport. Your situations are not the same
Ok i see now ok ok.