+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Let's just pray the strike will end by the end of next week
I wish too. I can somewhat make sense about work from home as long as work load is doubled than the inperson work. What makes me feel nonsense is that the salary hike based on inflation. Inflation will come down soon, such case, these cry babies will ask government reduce their salary. No way.

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I wish too. I can somewhat make sense about work from home as long as work load is doubled than the inperson work. What makes me feel nonsense is that the salary hike based on inflation. Inflation will come down soon, such case, these cry babies will ask government reduce their salary. No way.
No news should be good news, and I wish the PSAC will accept the offer when I wake up tmr

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
They may accept the offer and probably call another strike in a couple of years should inflation go up again. The PSAC members are frustrated and want to go back to work, they are also annoyed that they aren't even being kept in the loop on the amount of the offer
Exactly!! The true victims in this whole thing are the vast majority of these workers who DID NOT vote for this strike, and are actually sick and tired of this nonsense!!

The union leaders (more like corrupt mafia bosses), and a small minority of workers, who've been brainwashed into accepting this narrative, are the ones who are "juicing this" for as much as they can, for power and money!!

Reactions: irinaaas11

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Exactly!! The true victims in this whole thing are the vast majority of these workers who DID NOT vote for this strike, and are actually sick and tired of this nonsense!!

The union leaders (more like corrupt mafia bosses), and a small minority of workers, who've been brainwashed into accepting this narrative, are the ones who are "juicing this" for as much as they can, for power and money!!

Source on majority?

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Tell me you don't know the defination of inflation without telling me you don't know the defination.

Reactions: rainydayincanada

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
This is true, especially since there is a possibility that other strikes may occur after this (WestJet pilots, flight attendants, railway employees, etc). I hope they reach a deal and call the strike off on Monday. At the end of the day, nobody wins when a strike happens.
And OFL, ONA possibly as well.
And if they do bring in back to work maybe CUPE too. Besides quite likely it will be ruled as unconstitutional. Which would mean even more delays and wastage of tax-payers money.

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
I don't think you understand how inflation works...

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Just google it.

Tons of info out there that only 35% of members voted.
Looks like someone needs to google AND read the whole damn thing:

The board agreed this date change raised “significant concerns,” but reasonably concluded that the 85%“support for the strike was high enough that even if there were no irregularities, it is very likely that the outcome would still have been in favour of a strike.”

Oh and also:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/vast-majority-non-essential-workers-014301511.html

More than 96% attendance and almost double of voter turnout.
Facts once again differs from your biased PoV.

Reactions: rainydayincanada