+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Does this mean all Oath ceremonies even if on Apr 19 will be cancelled?
But I wonder if it refers to all oath ceremonies? or just in-person. The website said in-person appointments or events including citizenship ceremonies, so we will have to wait. I mean, since most ceremonies are still online maybe they will also be affected. This is a mess

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
How long to maximum will this strike last?

If it will end in 1 week, I just wish all oath ceremonies scheduled one week after will still be held.

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
Irregardless of how long they strike for ircc is going to blame the strike for all delays over the next several months if not years.
Exactly! To be honest, a whole bunch of those IRCC worker's are lazy and the government needs to fire some of those worker's and hire people who are ready/willing to work. With all the paid vacations, benefits they get. The don't need to mess around. Imagine processing a citizenship application for 3years.

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
How long to maximum will this strike last?

If it will end in 1 week, I just wish all oath ceremonies scheduled one week after will still be held.
No, because thr week after will have scheduled oaths already, so if its cancelled, we will be back to point zero

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Just filed my taxes. Very much need my tax refund. :( My citizenship application hasn't been looked at since February. I don't want to come off as entitled, but I myself have to work 12 hour days and sometimes even longer at a tech job to be able to hold onto my job in the storm of current tech layoffs. I'm a top performer and I only got 2% per year salary increase since I started with my company. No one is hiring right now either. And now this strike happens. What is the prime minister's role in this? Can we make our voices heard? Will they listen to non-citizens?

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I

I have mine on the 27th, ugh, what a mess. Good luck and let us know how it goes
My partner's ceremony is on April 27th as well. His Italian passport is also expiring, as well as his PR card (waiting on renewal to be processed which won't...) and he has to go to his brother's wedding in Italy at the end of May. What a freaking mess...

Reactions: Cece450

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
My partner's ceremony is on April 27th as well. His Italian passport is also expiring, as well as his PR card (waiting on renewal to be processed which won't...) and he has to go to his brother's wedding in Italy at the end of May. What a freaking mess...
Mine is on 26th. One ray of hope i can think of is that only Union workers can go on strike and the govt. jobs are full of contract position and they cant go on strike. So hopefully, people who already have they oath scheduled will get to go ahead with the ceremony despite of the strike.

Reactions: Cece450

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Mine is on 26th. One ray of hope i can think of is that only Union workers can go on strike and the govt. jobs are full of contract position and they cant go on strike. So hopefully, people who already have they oath scheduled will get to go ahead with the ceremony despite of the strike.
Mine is on the 27th. When I called IRCC this morning they did confirm that only the unionized workers will go on strike, and there are some officers who are deemed essential so things won't stop completely, but will be delayed.