+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
I read in an article, that the the head of the union said that the strike would only be in some departments (and only in some locations) at the start.

He also said something to the effect that it would start (at first) in departments that don't seriously affect the public.

I don't get the feeling that it would affect IRCC, at least in the beginning. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it won't affect our ceremonies (at least for the foreseeable future).
I just hope it doesn't, my ceremony is on the 8th of next month.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I read in an article, that the the head of the union said that the strike would only be in some departments (and only in some locations) at the start.

He also said something to the effect that it would start (at first) in departments that don't seriously affect the public.

I don't get the feeling that it would affect IRCC, at least in the beginning. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it won't affect our ceremonies (at least for the foreseeable future).
Yesterday he announced a national general strike. All PSAC members who are not identified as critical, will be on strike if no deal is reached by 9pm today.
Federal workers to strike Wednesday if union and government don't reach deal

Maagie

May 13, 2018
The irony is that you need to be a citizen to work for the government.
That's not true.
I'm a PR and I'm working for the government. There were a bunch of posts stating that citizens and PR are on the same level. There is some exceptions but there's exceptions for everything, such as positions only for native people.
Also new comers have available training that is helpful when getting a job for the government.
So let's not spread misinformation and instead support people who's jobs are to help people.

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
Applicants who are scheduled to take the oath in May, please let us know here if you face any delays due to this potential strike. Thanks and good luck to all.

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
Applicants who are scheduled to take the oath in May, please let us know here if you face any delays due to this potential strike. Thanks and good luck to all.
I sent an email to SCR office in inquiry of that but got no response so far.

I would encourage to send an email to your processing office as well to ask

Reactions: Zeek88

priteshhi

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Hey Guys, My wife had oath schedule today, everyone on call was told oath has been cancelled due to technical difficulties and it will be re-scheduled.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: lila777 and bulls23

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hey Guys, My wife had oath schedule today, everyone on call was told oath has been cancelled due to technical difficulties and it will be re-scheduled.
Real shitshow and already took a day off from work for my virtual oath on Thursday ,this strike will put things real out of place for us.

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
I sent an email to SCR office in inquiry of that but got no response so far.

I would encourage to send an email to your processing office as well to ask
I did that already for Mississauga office, but i wouldn't expect reply

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
Which office?
How did they inform them? Is it through the time of oath itself or earlier through email?

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I want to know for example, if the strike lasts for one week and then they have come back to the workplace, how the oath ceremonies would be impacted?

Are only the oath ceremonies scheduled during the one week of strike would be canceled and rescheduled, or all of the oath ceremonies after the strike date would be delayed and rescheduled?

What's your opinions?

Reactions: Zeek88

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Real shitshow and already took a day off from work for my virtual oath on Thursday ,this strike will put things real out of place for us.
Could you please keep us informed if your oath went fine on Thursday? I think you are the first among all of us to take the Oath. If your oath goes without a hitch, then it's a positive sign for the rest of us! Thanks!

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Could you please keep us informed if your oath went fine on Thursday? I think you are the first among all of us to take the Oath. If your oath goes without a hitch, then it's a positive sign for the rest of us! Thanks!
Yeah no problem .