+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible refusal of renewal of SP. Help needed!!

Chibz

May 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am an international student in Canada. My study permit will expire this July 30. I still have not applied for renewal yet.

I got my admission in B.Sc computer science in 2013 and due to poor academic performance i had to withdraw for a year from fall 2015 to 2016. Ive read several posts by different people online who have been through the same issue and have had their renewals for study permits rejected due to gap in their academic records.

I am really worried as there is a huge gap in my acmdemic record and this can affect my renewal of study permit ( i have not applied yet).

Please help me out here guys !!!
What should i do? Should i go for a renewal anyway and hope for the best? I have heard that if study permit renewal gets refused then you need to leave Canada within 30 days or apply for restoration of status which has a very hard chance of being approved. Is there any other option?

If i go back to my home country, get offer of admission/confirmation letter for the same program from my university and then apply a new study permit, what are the chances that i may get refusal for this study permit as well, provided i give all the required documents and answer everything on the application form honestly?

If I do get a new study permit, will my previous academic record matter on my previous study permit to cic matter in making any future decisions regarding this study permit, even if i manage to improve my gpa? For example if i apply for a new study permit for the same/current program and after completing my program if i apply for pgwp (post grad work permit)
is there a chance my application for pgwp at that time may be rejected because of my poor academic record, even though i may have a new study permit?
I know I should not be thinking about pgwp when I have not even graduated. I am really sad as I cannot imagine what will I do or how reliable these options are. I am in the middle of my bachelors and i might have to leave it like this.

I still have not applied for renewal because ive read it in a post in this site that if my SP renewal gets refused, this may cause the subsequent applications for SP to be refused as well and this may even affect my study visa process for other countries :(((

Please help me out!!!! I would really be grateful for your aid guys... I am sorry for bothering with too many questions, I am really depresses as I dont know what options i have left.

I have not comitted any other act that may violate conditions of study permit, no extra hours of job

rajwinder111

Mar 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your post is confusing ..please explain in a good way when did you come and rite now in which program you are already enrolled and all
than may be i could give my advise

Ude

May 6, 2017
All I can say is apply for the renewal. You will eventually do it anyways.

All your questions above can best be answered by any official in charge of your case.

Whatever answer we give here would be speculation.

If I may ask, what really led to the bad grades? This will definitely be one of the questions the case officer will ask. A convincing answer has to be tabled.

Chibz

May 13, 2017
Hi there,

thankyou for your replies

I came to canada on september 30 2013. I am currently enrolled in bachelors B.Sc Computer Science at York university.

I failed a couple of courses and gpa dropped really low. I had some personal issues that really affected me mentally and I could not focus on my courses. It was like I almost all motivation. It was a deprrssing time frrssinghen and now when I am finally out of one year suspension, i am now worried about my renewal. I blame myself for my poor academic performance, and i regret the time i wasted. I want to take resposibility for it by completing my degree but that does not seem possible.

Do you know of someone who has been through my situation and how he/she handled it?

hasham11

Jun 7, 2017
Hi All
Below is my profile

10th -72%
12th - 78%
BSc Electrical Engineering- 2.01 GPA
IELTS - 6.5 (L 7.5, R 6, S 6, W 5.5)
Working in field for 2 years
Which University can I apply?
Can I apply for MS Electrical Engineering? Or I should go with PG Diploma
What are the chances of getting Visa on these grades??
Will I get Visa on PG Diploma?

Hashim_shahid

Aug 16, 2016
Hi All
Below is my profile

10th -72%
12th - 78%
BSc Electrical Engineering- 2.01 GPA
IELTS - 6.5 (L 7.5, R 6, S 6, W 5.5)
Working in field for 2 years
Which University can I apply?
Can I apply for MS Electrical Engineering? Or I should go with PG Diploma
What are the chances of getting Visa on these grades??
Will I get Visa on PG Diploma?
Go for universiry instead of college and masters degree that shows visa officer progression in studies. But i doubt if you could manage to get admission with 6.5 ielts. Still u can try your luck

hasham11

Jun 7, 2017
Go for universiry instead of college and masters degree that shows visa officer progression in studies. But i doubt if you could manage to get admission with 6.5 ielts. Still u can try your luck
Can I get admission in University with 2 GPA?
Will VO see my GPA?

choarty

Jun 7, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am an international student in Canada. My study permit will expire this July 30. I still have not applied for renewal yet.

I got my admission in B.Sc computer science in 2013 and due to poor academic performance i had to withdraw for a year from fall 2015 to 2016. Ive read several posts by different people online who have been through the same issue and have had their renewals for study permits rejected due to gap in their academic records.

I am really worried as there is a huge gap in my acmdemic record and this can affect my renewal of study permit ( i have not applied yet).

Please help me out here guys !!!
What should i do? Should i go for a renewal anyway and hope for the best? I have heard that if study permit renewal gets refused then you need to leave Canada within 30 days or apply for restoration of status which has a very hard chance of being approved. Is there any other option?

If i go back to my home country, get offer of admission/confirmation letter for the same program from my university and then apply a new study permit, what are the chances that i may get refusal for this study permit as well, provided i give all the required documents and answer everything on the application form honestly?

If I do get a new study permit, will my previous academic record matter on my previous study permit to cic matter in making any future decisions regarding this study permit, even if i manage to improve my gpa? For example if i apply for a new study permit for the same/current program and after completing my program if i apply for pgwp (post grad work permit)
is there a chance my application for pgwp at that time may be rejected because of my poor academic record, even though i may have a new study permit?
I know I should not be thinking about pgwp when I have not even graduated. I am really sad as I cannot imagine what will I do or how reliable these options are. I am in the middle of my bachelors and i might have to leave it like this.

I still have not applied for renewal because ive read it in a post in this site that if my SP renewal gets refused, this may cause the subsequent applications for SP to be refused as well and this may even affect my study visa process for other countries :(((

Please help me out!!!! I would really be grateful for your aid guys... I am sorry for bothering with too many questions, I am really depresses as I dont know what options i have left.

I have not comitted any other act that may violate conditions of study permit, no extra hours of job

choarty

Jun 7, 2017
hi, I see myself in a similar situation, where i failed to finish my one year diploma, hence have no diploma or transcripts to get my student permit extension started. my visa expirs july 13, i wonder have u applid yet..whats the status or result? let me know and take care.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Hi there,

thankyou for your replies

I came to canada on september 30 2013. I am currently enrolled in bachelors B.Sc Computer Science at York university.

I failed a couple of courses and gpa dropped really low. I had some personal issues that really affected me mentally and I could not focus on my courses. It was like I almost all motivation. It was a deprrssing time frrssinghen and now when I am finally out of one year suspension, i am now worried about my renewal. I blame myself for my poor academic performance, and i regret the time i wasted. I want to take resposibility for it by completing my degree but that does not seem possible.

Do you know of someone who has been through my situation and how he/she handled it?
In my opinion, you stand a good chance of renewal. People perform poorly and that is not a legal offence. As long as the university enrolled you, VO should not kick you out!