+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

possible problems to sponsor

worriedwoman

Nov 11, 2009
possible problems to sponsor

I am a permanent resident and I live in Mississauga; ON.

I got married two year ago and I sponsored to my husband, he became landed immigrant since 18 month ago and got his permanent resident card.

Six months after he landed he asked me for divorce and both understand the reasons for it. At the present, and since eleven month ago, we are legally divorced.

When I sponsored to my husband I signed an undertaking with the government to provide support for him for the next three years after he landed, in this moment, to finish with my obligations with him, would have to spend even a year and a half.

My ex-husband has a good job, he work in that place for a year and he has enough income to support himself. I don’t think he quit or lose his job and need to apply for social service benefit.

I lost my job three month ago and I am asking for unemployment insurance and for a welfare to support me and my little child (12 years old, she born in a previous marriage that I had) until I can find another job.

I need to know if during the validity period of the undertaking, if my ex husband never apply for social service benefits and unemployment insurance but, during the validity of that period I need for unemployment insurance and for a welfare , it is possible that in the future I can have problems to sponsor my current boyfriend or my old father to come to Canada even after I have found a new job and have enough income again??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While you still have the obligation for your ex husband, another 18 months, I don't think you can sponsor another spouse. As for the father, you would need to show that you have enough income to support him as well as your own family.