+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible move to Vancouver, BC.

ecabrera81

Jul 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Hello all. I have been to British Columbia two times on vacation, and i must say wow what a great place it is. I am currently working and living in Brooklyn, NY. Don't get me wrong i love NYC, but after being here my whole life i think it's time for a change. I believe i can still be a "city boy" but also have the back drop of the mountains to look at all the time, along with the beaches and good people. The reason why i am posting tonight is i would like to know if anybody has there own story and advice to tell in the Vancouver, or BC area. I have met very good friends here that have shown me the time of my life there and i'm only 25! lol. I guess you must be amazed by me saying something like that coming from NYC but as you all well know these are two different worlds apart. From Clean water/air, beautiful mountains, women, etc... To grimy streets, humidity, and massive pollution. Well i can't wait to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time out to read this.

gilipsie

Star Member
Jul 11, 2007
I don't want to discourage you but what you do on vacation and in your real daily life are two worlds apart. However, Vancouver is a beautiful city and I am sure you will meet many friends there.

ecabrera81

Jul 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I understand what you mean by that completely. This was my second trip to Vancouver, and this time around i looked more that the city life. Also i looked lightly at the job market, and saw that there was plenty to do. Another thing that caught my eye was the good quality of life in Vancouver. The clean air, water, and the view of the mountains surrounding the city. Just a though for now, i would like to leave here in no debt. So until my student loan is gone i won't be going anywhere. Thanks for the reply back.

ghohoef

Apr 12, 2004
Amstelveen, NL
Vancouver is a great place to live. Its no paradise (no such place on this earth) but the quality of life is good (at least for my taste). People are friendly and the jobmarket is booming. One thing though is that the real estate market has gone nuts. Van is one of the or the most expensive cities in CA re housing (rent or buy). But (always a but) the job market is booming.
Good luck.

ecabrera81

Jul 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Thank you for the reply back also on this. Once i get my student loan paid and credit card fixed, i will see what i will do. I feel at times when my friends from there tell me to do it and just move, i feel that it is some sort of hint that this is a small window of opportunity for something. I hope i make the right decision in the end. Thank you again.