+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible misrepresentation. Seeking advice

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
We have applied for sponsorship and right now our background check is ongoing. Last july we have realized that we have made a mistake on Schedule A regarding the question "Have you ever been refused entry to canada" . She was denied a tourist visa last nov 2017. We have made an honest mistake in answering the question. We didnt want to hide the refusal. We sent the refusal letter in our application as one of our proofs. We also stated the reasons of the refusal of trv in IMM 5532 in support of our application.

When we realized about our mistake. we immediately sent a case specific inquiry to our local visa office but did not received any reply. We ordered gcms notes and it is not there too. My question is, are they going to think that it is misrepresentation eventhough we sent the proofs and tried to fix our mistakes? We are stuck at background check right now. I appreciate any help and advice . Thank you so much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you submit an updated form with this error corrected?

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Did you submit an updated form with this error corrected?
Yes we did submit it last july 26 thru webform but according to my gcms notes, they never received it. I am really worried . The trv refusal is in our proofs that we sent too but we made a mistake on answering the question. Do you think it will still consider as misrepresentation? The trv refusal is there and we mentioned it in one of the forms too .

Nigeriana

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 22nd
Hi there ,
How did it go for you guys? What was their reply? Please share with us as it will be very helpful. Hope everything worked out well.

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hi there ,
How did it go for you guys? What was their reply? Please share with us as it will be very helpful. Hope everything worked out well.

Hi there. They never asked us about this mistake. Maybe they didnt notice it and we got lucky. Also we did send the copy of the denied tourist visa with our application . My partner is here in canada now for almost a year :) . Our application took about 10months before it was approved. We had a little bit of problem in regards of our relationship proofs. We got procedural fairness letter asking us to provide more proofs but everything was ok after that.

Nigeriana

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 22nd
I'm happy to hear at the end all worked out well! We are currently facing the same, my husband was denied a student Visa to USA couple years ago but on the schedule A background form we got confused with the wording and answered NO . The application is still showing in process and he did biometrics. Now we went over the forms and realized we should have said YES. So we Immediately sent a webform explanation and we attached a correct schedule A background form. Now we're just waiting and extremely worried about it

Ohee

Dec 6, 2020
I'm happy to hear at the end all worked out well! We are currently facing the same, my husband was denied a student Visa to USA couple years ago but on the schedule A background form we got confused with the wording and answered NO . The application is still showing in process and he did biometrics. Now we went over the forms and realized we should have said YES. So we Immediately sent a webform explanation and we attached a correct schedule A background form. Now we're just waiting and extremely worried about it
What was the outcome will you please share.