+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POSSIBLE JOB PROSPECTS FOR ITA

chyweng87

Nov 13, 2016
l am looking for a job in Canada to increase my chances of getting ITA. My work experience is stated below and l studied FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY up to PhD level majoring in FOOD QUALITY CONTROL AND ASSURANCE. Please l need advice on the suitable job prospects based on my work experience. l may not be able to compete with professors in the area of lecturing. Thanks for helping me out

WORK EXPEREINCE:

Postdoctoral Research Scholar: May 2016 till date
Responsibilities:
Conduct research on an approved topic
Assist in the supervision of students’ thesis
Lecturing in a university, department of Food Science and Technology November, 2013 till date
Responsibilities:
Teach assigned food science and technology courses to students
Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups
Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports
Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions
Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books

Teaching in a secondary school, 2005 to October, 2013
Responsibilities:
Prepare materials on Home Economics, Foods and Nutrition and Home management for presentation to students according to an approved curriculum.
Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions and audio- visual presentations.
Teach students practical aspects of the subjects taught (cookery practicals)
Assign and correct homework
Prepare, administer and correct tests and examinations
Advise students on subject selection and on vocational and personal matters
Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
Supervision of students on Foods and Nutrition and Home Management Senior Secondary Certificate practical examinations