+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of IT Job after PG Diploma

ShoaibK

Apr 6, 2014
tiger007 said:
Hi,

As far as Project management is concerned, it's suitable for applicants with atleast few years of experience working in projects... for example say a civil engineer , having being worked in and completed construction projects successfully, is a suitable applicant for Project management course.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Dear Tiger and other members,

I need your valuable assistance.

I am ACCA affiliate and have BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University – UK (equivalent to 3 years degree) with Second lower division. I also have 2 years Bachelor of Commerce degree from University of Karachi and overall 6.5 IELTS score (not less than 6 in any component). I have around 2 years work experience and currently working in Deloitte, Pakistan since Feb 2013.

I want to know either I should go for MBA or any Master’s program? Which university should I select that does not require GMAT? What will be chances of visa approval in your point of view.

max15

May 28, 2014
Hi,

I am planning to take Network Administration/Security (Post Graduate Course) at George Brown College for the academic year 2014-2015 Fall which is a one-year course. At the moment I have 2 years of IT experience as a Network Support Enginee.Also I have shortlisted similar courses in Fanshawe and Humber and I would like to know which of the three is reputed enough for better job prospects.

Academics

10 th - 68.4 %
12 th - 64 %
Bachelor's in Computer Science - 53 %

The queries I have are
1) Do I have a chance to get admitted for this course with the academics and the IT experience I have.
2) Do I have good opportunities once I finish my course.
3) Is it worth for me to take this course since I have 2 years of IT experience.
4) Reputation and review of the college.
5)After completion of the course will I get a year's work permit after the course or will my work permit be valid during my course?

Will really appreciate it for taking out time in helping me for the same.

Regards,
Malcolm

ramneet.b

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
Hi Malcolm,
Regarding your qs-
1. Please lookup at the course eligibility criteria of that college.Also mail the college department with your profile and confirm before applying.
2. Try to search up that designation jobs in canada via google or their employment sites like Workopolis ,monster etc. It will giive you the basic idea.
3. Depends. You should consult a senior.
4. College review is good according to my research. Do not have an idea about your particular course. Try to find reviews online.
5. If it is a 1yr=1 year work permit
2yrs=2 yrs or 3 yrs work permit. Also 2 seperate PG cert/Diploma=2 or 3 yrs Work permit.
With your student visa you can only work part time during classes and full time ducing break.

Hope it helps :)

Reactions: max15

max15

May 28, 2014
Hi Malcolm,
Regarding your qs-
1. Please lookup at the course eligibility criteria of that college.Also mail the college department with your profile and confirm before applying.
2. Try to search up that designation jobs in canada via google or their employment sites like Workopolis ,monster etc. It will giive you the basic idea.
3. Depends. You should consult a senior.
4. College review is good according to my research. Do not have an idea about your particular course. Try to find reviews online.
5. If it is a 1yr=1 year work permit
2yrs=2 yrs or 3 yrs work permit. Also 2 seperate PG cert/Diploma=2 or 3 yrs Work permit.
With your student visa you can only work part time during classes and full time ducing break.

Hope it helps :)

Thanks Ramneet..working in Canada for 3 years and now applying for my PR. All the best !