+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of having the visa issued

zzz2010

Dec 22, 2010
Hi, I will be schedule for an interview with a Visa Officer at Consulate General in Buffalo. I am just wondering, if any of you have had an interview at Buffalo and got the passport with the visa on the same day after the interview. OR any experience you had at the Buffalo office for your interview. Please let us know your experience. Thanks a lot.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zzz2010 said:
Hi, I will be schedule for an interview with a Visa Officer at Consulate General in Buffalo. I am just wondering, if any of you have had an interview at Buffalo and got the passport with the visa on the same day after the interview. OR any experience you had at the Buffalo office for your interview. Please let us know your experience. Thanks a lot.
No they don't issue the visa on the same day.

jmni1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
USA
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
31-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
01-02-2011
PMM have you had direct experiance with this. I have an interview scheduled in Buffalo on Jan 31st and was assuming that they would issue the visa the same day if all goes well. Please let me know what information you have. I was hoping to get the visa the same day as the interview so I could get health insurance in Quebec right away since by the time I have my interview I will be 35 weeks pregnant. Thanks

PMM said:
Hi

No they don't issue the visa on the same day.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jmni1 said:
PMM have you had direct experiance with this. I have an interview scheduled in Buffalo on Jan 31st and was assuming that they would issue the visa the same day if all goes well. Please let me know what information you have. I was hoping to get the visa the same day as the interview so I could get health insurance in Quebec right away since by the time I have my interview I will be 35 weeks pregnant. Thanks
The interview (if it is a spousal application) is probably to determine if the marriage is bona fide. They are not going to print the COPR unless they are sure that a visa is going to be issued.

zzz2010

Dec 22, 2010
Thanks for the replies. I just saw on trackitt there was a case that he got his visa on the same day on his scheduled interview in Buffalo. It might be on a case to case basis for them to let you come back and received your passport with the visa. Let's hear for others who have a direct experience.

zzz2010

Dec 22, 2010
Hi, it has been a month and a week since I received that letter that I need to be interviewed by a Visa Officer. Until now I have not received any schedule of the said interview. Should I be worried? Does it really take that long just to get a schedule?

Anybody who has an update as well on their scheduled interview? How did it go?

Thanks.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Well, if you review Jmni1`s timeline it is visible that she had her visa issued on the same day her interview was conducted.

jmni1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
USA
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
31-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
01-02-2011
I wanted to write about my experience in Buffalo with my interview to help other people understand the process I went through and timeline. 1st I was notified by mail that I would have an interview and that it would take place in Buffalo, NY but not date was given on the letter for the actual interview. I was surprised to see Buffalo as an interview location since it is NOT listed as an option in the application and I had actually selected Detroit as an interview location when I applied. 1 month later I received an e-mail that stated my interview date and time which was 1 1/2months later. So total time line from 1st notice of interview to date of interview was 2 1/2 months. A few days later I received a letter with further instructions about the interview. MOST IMPORTANT in the letter I had to check the box indicating I WOULD attend the interview I then had to fax this to special fax #. The fax MUST be received at least 2 weeks prior to the interview or they will cancel the interview. The letter also included a list of things they wanted at the interview including addition proof of my relationship and original documents of passport, birth cert, divorce decree, and marriage cert.

Date of Interview.
The interview was scheduled for 1pm and started at 1:30pm. It took place in a booth with a door and I was separated from the IO with glass and had an opening to pass papers back and forth. I did NOT have to go through any special security clearance before the interview I only had to show my passport and Interview letter to the security officer to gain access to the consulate and to the receptionist. Interview involved answering questions about my relationship (how it began, marriage, and life since) It was very straight forward and the whole interview lasted about 1 hour including waiting for the IO to review my documents. I was informed at the end of the interview that she was satisfied that the relationship was genuine.
Since I had lived in Canada for more than 6 months while my application was being processed I was informed that I would need to have a RCMP background check done. The IO said she could submit it and it should come back in 3-5days and then after it that I would get an e-mail informing me I could submit my passport for my Visa. I asked if that meant that I would have to return to Buffalo for my visa and she told me that no I could mail my passport to them. After further discussion and explanation of my situation (I am currently 35 ½ weeks pregnant and have been waiting on my PR to be able to get health insurance for my pregnancy from Quebec) she offered to submit the RCMP check right away and have me wait to see if it would come back right away. I then waited 1 hr and was called back in with the good news the RCMP went through and she had issued my visa.
FYI I did not need to submit any more pictures for my visa they used the pictures I had already submitted. Also if you will be staying in Canada while your PR is processed and are in Canada for more that 6 months I would order a RCMP background check and bring it with to the interview so you will not be delayed further to get you visa. I think I was lucky that they were able to do it so fast.
I hope this information is useful for people in a similar situation.