24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hi,
we have resided in Canada for 1,247 days in the past four years - that is 152 days more than their requirement of 1,095. What is a chance for us to get RQ? Or should we contact the border service for getting proof of our continious presence in Canada for the required period of time for citizenship application?

Thank you.

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 201 days extra. still received a RQ. Ask for the supporting documentation, never hurts. especially if you have many stamps on your passport. regardless whether the stamps relate to the 4 years period or not. Make an analysis of all stamps on your passport and make it easy for them to read. I must say it took me almost full weekend to analyse the 21 absence cumulative absence on my two passports. Only 10 of these absences
(total 53 days) related to the 4 years period. When they photo copy the entire passport on test date or upon requesting the RQ they will have to understand what is going on. After this excercise i wondered if it will be ever possible for them to figure it out. Also ask for report from US Borders and the Borders of your home country. Tie all this to the analysis of your stamps and supplement all this with travel iteneraries. Boarding passes etc. make it a slum dunk case. Having said all that, I know of people who have not left the country since 2006 not for a single second (clean passport and clean Borders report) they still got the RQ!

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application right after I was able to. It was 1,096th day or something. Did not get an RQ.