+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibilities to divorce

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We do not mean to seem judgemental and I do apologize but you have to understand that what you put on here is never free from judgement as I myself have been a result of this. We are just looking out for you and your families best interest.

However, you also have to understand the way you word things such as saying things like: "Would it not be a faster possibility, to committed adultery (have sexual intercourse with someone else) and to say my wife has not forgiven me?" make it seem questionable as to your intentions. And remember this is a (Canadian) immigration board so you may be best asking for better answers with someone with more experience as to divorce in your country.

Again, I am very sorry and hope you get the help you are looking for.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ben54321 said:
My question still is, how long would a divorce cause of adultry need? Only the 8 to 16 weeks? And how exactly works the process.
It depends on the province. Also remember that one of the parties must have been resident for 1 year in that province to be able to file for divorce in Canada. IMHO there is no such thing as a quickie divorce. What you think may be simple generally is not; any declarations made during that process must also be "true" as it is a legal process.

Ben54321

Apr 7, 2010
Thank you all very much for your help!!!!

You convinced me, that it's may be better(faster) to do it the normal way with the seperation time.

How do i prove this seperation time?
Is it nescessary to go to the authorities and say, we start today seperating? Or do you have to proof when you want to do the divorce, that you already live one year seperated?

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
What province are you applying in?

In Ontario you prove the separation time by swearing an affidavit for divorce to this effect. http://www.ontariocourtforms.on.ca/forms/family/36/FLR_36_Sept105_ODA.pdf

You can read guides to procedures in Ontario's family courts here that explain everything: http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/guides/fc/

If you decide to do a joint application for divorce, be aware that the guide is not necessarily correct. My joint affidavit that I prepared in accordance with the Guidelines was rejected by the court counter staff and we were advised to submit two individual affidavits for divorce instead. The Guidelines make it sound like you need to do a joint affidavit, but apparently you do not. My affidavit was rejected because I didn't change the language to plural in the sections of the affidavit that we struck out because they were inapplicable. My affidavit was also rejected because the lawyer who commissioned it didn't write down his Law Society number (which we NEVER do, at least in the regular civil courts). Both of these decisions boggled my mind, but what can you do? This has been my only foray into that court so I don't know if that's the way things typically go or if I caught my clerk on a bad day.