+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possession of a permit which confers status as a temporary resident

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
I have applied visa extension for my wife, in fact I have followed online questionnaire, which prompted to fill Visa extension application. However today they have withdrawal the application with below reason.

Any idea what could be the issue?

You are currently in possession of a permit which confers status as a temporary resident in Canada. A temporary resident visa cannot be issued at our office.

Quick response will be appreciated.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
aashamsi said:
I have applied visa extension for my wife, in fact I have followed online questionnaire, which prompted to fill Visa extension application. However today they have withdrawal the application with below reason.

You are currently in possession of a permit which confers status as a temporary resident in Canada. A temporary resident visa cannot be issued at our office.

It means what it says, you have a permit. Also it means you submitted a request for a TRV to an office which can't issue them.

Check your paperwork, most probably you filled something wrong.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
aashamsi said:

We are in Canada, and of course for extension we have applied in Canada.

Moreover Visa is stamped till April 2014 (because password is expiring May 2014), however in visitor record its mention Jul 2015. Now she has renewed the passport, am confused whether to renew it to stay further or expiry which is mention in Visitor record is enough?

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
I could be totally wrong, but I believe I read somewhere that you CANNOT apply for extension before 90 days of current visitor record expiry?
So because your Visitor Record states JULY 2015, and we are only in February 2014, it is more than 90 days before it expires?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It sounds as if she was issued a TRP and not a TRV when she entered the country. The Visitor Record may support this hypothesis... In which case, she is outside of the normal TRV system now and you have to follow different rules.
How exactly did she obtain permission to stay in Canada in the first place?

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
zardoz said:
It sounds as if she was issued a TRP and not a TRV when she entered the country. The Visitor Record may support this hypothesis... In which case, she is outside of the normal TRV system now and you have to follow different rules.
How exactly did she obtain permission to stay in Canada in the first place?
Thanks for your response.

What is difference between TRV and TRP?

I have got opportunity to apply for Open Work Permit for 2 years (granted till Jul 2015) and TRV for my family members. Therefore I had applied TRV for my family, however my wife’s Passport was expiring in May 2014, hence they had only stamped visa till Apr 2014. When we landed in Canada, at that time in Visitors record they have given expiry till July 2015 (same as my WP expiry).

now can you put some light on it?