+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Positive Story from Hong Kong Office

SamN4

Nov 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am happy to announce that after only just 1 month, my partner has received their visa from the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong.

Total processing time 2 months - 29 days.

In the end my sponsorship took longer then the PR application.

We are thrilled, but know that there are many many people out there still separated - we just wanted to shed some positive light on an office that usually attracts negative postings.

Thanks visa.com for helping me prep my application(s) and answer all my silly questions..

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
SamN4 said:
Hello,

I am happy to announce that after only just 1 month, my partner has received their visa from the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong.

Total processing time 2 months - 29 days.

In the end my sponsorship took longer then the PR application.

We are thrilled, but know that there are many many people out there still separated - we just wanted to shed some positive light on an office that usually attracts negative postings.

Thanks visa.com for helping me prep my application(s) and answer all my silly questions..
Congratulations... you are indeed one of the very fortunate among us.

Poetic

Star Member
Sep 22, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview!!!
Passport Req..
25-10-2010
That's awesome news! Congrats..and I wish you guys the best for the future.

Let's hope everyone else gets a speedy process too.

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Congratulations from us as well. My sponsorship took about a month and Hellens PR application has been in HK for about a month now. It would be amazing if we could get this sorted out before having to renew her TRV ;D

Dmitri

Star Member
Oct 13, 2010
Niagara,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
AOR Received.
01-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2011
wow thats fast, congrats
on the cic site it says that office takes 7-15 months
was ur case just simple or just got lucky

boblu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
good news congratulation that is a very short wait for H/K my application was just started on the 20th and i was thinking over one year would be normal

again i am happy for you and best of lucky in the future

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Go figure... I read this thread then this morning (Oct 28) I get a letter in the mail from Hong Kong with a file number and receipt that they have started working on our case. I used the file number online and see that our status is "In-process" (as of Oct 5) and "Medical results have been received".

Does anyone know if this means a decision will be swift from this point, or is this the beginning of the 7 - 15 month waiting period?

HugoRien

Oct 22, 2010
gillespiedc could you tell me on which date did you get accepted for sponshorship?

The application I sent was for the simplest case ever and I included all documents. I have received no letter from Hong Kong office and there is no status on e-case.

From my understanding the 7-15 months process starts when you received the letter of acceptance from CIC (Selectoin certificate from MICC for Quebec resident). Hence I have been waiting for a little more then two months, even though we sent all documents in March.

Application delivered to CIC on 17th of March 2010.
Letter of acceptance from CIC issued on 18th of May 2010.
Documents delivered with letter of acceptance to the MICC (province of Quebec only) on 8th of July 2010.
Selection certificate issued from MICC on 22nd of August 2010.

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Without looking up exact dates in my files, we mailed out our packages to Mississauga on or about Aug 26 and my sponsorship approval was about Sep 24. About a month...

HugoRien said:
gillespiedc could you tell me on which date did you get accepted for sponshorship?

The application I sent was for the simplest case ever and I included all documents. I have received no letter from Hong Kong office and there is no status on e-case.

From my understanding the 7-15 months process starts when you received the letter of acceptance from CIC (Selectoin certificate from MICC for Quebec resident). Hence I have been waiting for a little more then two months, even though we sent all documents in March.

Application delivered to CIC on 17th of March 2010.
Letter of acceptance from CIC issued on 18th of May 2010.
Documents delivered with letter of acceptance to the MICC (province of Quebec only) on 8th of July 2010.
Selection certificate issued from MICC on 22nd of August 2010.

HugoRien

Oct 22, 2010
Well this is quite scary, I sent the package and received letter of sponshorship approval earlier then you, yet we have no news at all.

Is there anything I could do to verify that this is normal? :(

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
I don't know the contact options for the office you are working through, but for Hong Kong we could only fax, email, or write to them. They don't accept phone calls and their response promise for the mentioned methods was 30 days. This left us with little option but to check online and wait as well.

If we didn't get the letter in the mail today as we did I already had it in my mind that we wouldn't hear from them until the spring. Based on most of the stories I read in this forum though, I don't think you have cause for alarm at this point. When you were approved as a sponsor Mississauga would have sent your PR application right to the outland office, so you should be in the queue.

FYI, as I was checking the status of my sponsorship I used the payment receipt number in the online form. After approved I tried using the same method for checking PR status and it didn't work (still doesn't) but the file number in the letter does. So check that your app is still within the timeline of your consulate and don't get too concerned until your app exceeds that time.

Best of luck!

Doug

HugoRien said:
Well this is quite scary, I sent the package and received letter of sponshorship approval earlier then you, yet we have no news at all.

Is there anything I could do to verify that this is normal? :(

HugoRien

Oct 22, 2010
Hello Doug,

We applied at Hong Kong office as well which is why this post catch my attention. I am concerned about not seeing the initial update on e-cas, we haven't received any letter from Hong Kong office as of now which is probably why. Hence I don't think there is any file or client number we can use.

Once I see the initial 'in-process' status then I won't be concerned about the delay since there is not much we can do about it. I am living in the province of Quebec so bureaucracy process is slightly different which could explain the current situation or maybe this is just sheer luck.

I have been accepted for sponsor but I don't see anything on e-cas when I use receipt number. That you tell me this your case as well is quite reassuring. I did not confirm on e-cas before being accepted as sponsor if that was working properly.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugo

boblu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
gillespiedc said:
Go figure... I read this thread then this morning (Oct 28) I get a letter in the mail from Hong Kong with a file number and receipt that they have started working on our case. I used the file number online and see that our status is "In-process" (as of Oct 5) and "Medical results have been received".

Does anyone know if this means a decision will be swift from this point, or is this the beginning of the 7 - 15 month waiting period?
hi

i am interested in who they sent the letter to the sponsor or the person being sponsored they started on my file on Oct 20 but still waiting on a letter

thanks

HugoRien

Oct 22, 2010
boblu said:
hi

i am interested in who they sent the letter to the sponsor or the person being sponsored they started on my file on Oct 20 but still waiting on a letter

thanks
Hello,

How do you know they worked on your file? Are you the applicant or the sponsor?

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
My wife is the applicant for a PR. I am her representative. We received a letter from Hong Kong a few weeks after our file had been forwarded from CIC Mississauga.

I forget to whom Hog Kong addressed the letter, since the letter came to our home in China. The letter included some labels to be attached to any letters we might send later, to help the Consulate send correspondence to the right file.

In our case, the file was received by Hong Kong in December, we changed addresses in March (the old address still shows on e-cas, but Hong Kong confirmed by email that the new address is on file), and we've heard nothing since.