+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Portal credentials email - Tips to get it

OzzyTdot

Sep 27, 2021
Hi guys,
Just trying to give my 2 cents since this forum has been of great help during my process.
I was waiting for weeks with radio silence from CIC in regards of my portal credentials, I was worried that if I emailed them multiple times my process might get affected or somehow penalized, but after sending more than 7 follow up emails I decided to change computers (from mac to windows) and also of email address (from yahoo to outlook) and they responded back to me with my portal log in credentials within hours.
I have the theory that some servers might have firewalls impeding some email dominions to get through it, hence my advice is to be proactive and try another email addresses for your request.
Just FYI this is the timeline of the last leg of my process:
1. Received first portal email: August 19th (asking me to reply back with some info including UCI, email, DOB)
2. Received second mail with portal credentials: Sep 27th (after several follow up emails)
3.Uploaded info and pictures to portal: Sep 27th
4. Photos approved and eCoPR document available: not yet
5. PR Card received: not yet

Hope it helps =)

Reactions: Sepauh and JamTur

Richardi

Oct 3, 2021
Hi guys,
Just trying to give my 2 cents since this forum has been of great help during my process.
I was waiting for weeks with radio silence from CIC in regards of my portal credentials, I was worried that if I emailed them multiple times my process might get affected or somehow penalized, but after sending more than 7 follow up emails I decided to change computers (from mac to windows) and also of email address (from yahoo to outlook) and they responded back to me with my portal log in credentials within hours.
I have the theory that some servers might have firewalls impeding some email dominions to get through it, hence my advice is to be proactive and try another email addresses for your request.
Just FYI this is the timeline of the last leg of my process:
1. Received first portal email: August 19th (asking me to reply back with some info including UCI, email, DOB)
2. Received second mail with portal credentials: Sep 27th (after several follow up emails)
3.Uploaded info and pictures to portal: Sep 27th
4. Photos approved and eCoPR document available: not yet
5. PR Card received: not yet

Hope it helps =)
Hi,
Any updates on this yet?