+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Portal account registration for citizenship e-certificate access after oath

Sep 19, 2023
Hi, I have completed my oath and need to download my e-certificate from the portal account as instructed by the letter sent to my representative's email address as it was the only email address provided to IRCC throughout the application. The instruction says that I need to register for the portal account first with the last email address I gave them, which is my representative's email address I suppose. Do I have to register with this email address? Then does that mean the my account will be the only one registered with this email address and the other clients of my representative won't able to register their accounts with this email address? Thank you.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I have completed my oath and need to download my e-certificate from the portal account as instructed by the letter sent to my representative's email address as it was the only email address provided to IRCC throughout the application. The instruction says that I need to register for the portal account first with the last email address I gave them, which is my representative's email address I suppose. Do I have to register with this email address? Then does that mean the my account will be the only one registered with this email address and the other clients of my representative won't able to register their accounts with this email address? Thank you.
You need not use your representative email. You can create account with your own email address. Once you enter in you will see an option for "Download Citizenship e-Certificate" which will then ask for UCI, Application Number and Date of birth. If you know these three things you can download e-certificate for anyone. The portal is just a means to get in. Downloading certificate is an independent activity not dependant on portal details.

Sep 19, 2023
You need not use your representative email. You can create account with your own email address. Once you enter in you will see an option for "Download Citizenship e-Certificate" which will then ask for UCI, Application Number and Date of birth. If you know these three things you can download e-certificate for anyone. The portal is just a means to get in. Downloading certificate is an independent activity not dependant on portal details.
Thank you very much. When registering for the account, it asks for an invitation code which is on the letter of instruction. I suppose the code does not automatically link th account to a certain application right?

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
Was there anyone still waiting to download the e-certificate from Mississauga for about a month or more?