+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Portal 1 Waiting help (Inland spousal sponsorship)

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
I would like some insight on our timeline, as well as maybe some advise on how long this will take from here.

Back in April we got our CoPR number generated in our tracker. Called IRCC nearly 6 times over the course of a month, and no one gave us any information just said keep waiting. We saw a fix on a different thread here saying to send emails to the landing team to get our portal invite. We did that in June, and got the portal June 5th. Now a month goes by calling IRCC who confirmed they saw the photo and declaration in our portal etc. etc. with no real updates. Eventually we get tired of dealing with IRCC and call our local MP, who within 2 days finds out there was a hold on the app due to a fee that none of the IRCC agents told us about (10+ agents looked into our account while we called and not a single one could tell us there was a snag, so who knows how useful the phone agents really are). After paying this, we received a portal invite a few days later.

We replied to the portal July 12th (Using same information as June 5th portal) and haven't heard back yet. We called IRCC again yesterday and the agent laughed at us when we said that we've been waiting for the document to generate for nearly 2 months. After mentioning we had a portal already they got a little more serious and looked into the account, saying the portal was created the 12th and they had no record of the portal on June 5th (Despite previous agents seeing it) they recommended replying to the invite saying that we already had a portal in hopes of them doing a landing using that one.

akk1999

Dec 11, 2023
HI Travis,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
would you please share more details on how to reach out to landing team to get the portal invite as you have indicated in your post?

Thanks!

I would like some insight on our timeline, as well as maybe some advise on how long this will take from here.

Back in April we got our CoPR number generated in our tracker. Called IRCC nearly 6 times over the course of a month, and no one gave us any information just said keep waiting. We saw a fix on a different thread here saying to send emails to the landing team to get our portal invite. We did that in June, and got the portal June 5th. Now a month goes by calling IRCC who confirmed they saw the photo and declaration in our portal etc. etc. with no real updates. Eventually we get tired of dealing with IRCC and call our local MP, who within 2 days finds out there was a hold on the app due to a fee that none of the IRCC agents told us about (10+ agents looked into our account while we called and not a single one could tell us there was a snag, so who knows how useful the phone agents really are). After paying this, we received a portal invite a few days later.

We replied to the portal July 12th (Using same information as June 5th portal) and haven't heard back yet. We called IRCC again yesterday and the agent laughed at us when we said that we've been waiting for the document to generate for nearly 2 months. After mentioning we had a portal already they got a little more serious and looked into the account, saying the portal was created the 12th and they had no record of the portal on June 5th (Despite previous agents seeing it) they recommended replying to the invite saying that we already had a portal in hopes of them doing a landing using that one.

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
HI Travis,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
would you please share more details on how to reach out to landing team to get the portal invite as you have indicated in your post?

Thanks!
There were 4 email addresses that we sent information to and got a reply within a few hours. I'm unsure if anything has changed since then, so dm me and I might be able to assist but I don't want to put them on the forum incase someone uses them when they no longer work or anything like that.