+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Maya Canada

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
1.Review of eligibility refers to what Class of Permanent residence you applied for and if you qualify for that category e.g.( spousal sponsorship)

2. Background check in my opinion as No knowns for certain except IRCC refers to security checks, criminal history & travel history to name a few...

3. Interview not required means that IRCC is satisfied with the supporting documents such as marriage being genuine etc and as a result dont require to see you in person.

And your last question is unique to each and every applicant... everyone have different timelines because each case is different. After my husband medical was passed exactly 2 month after he received pre-arrival letter and passport request.

Hope's this helps clear the air a bit for u.

Trinirock thanks very much I sincerely appreciate it and
1. yes it is spousal app.
2. My spouse traveled to the states a few times but does nt have any issues with the law or US immigration.
3. Since it states no interview required does that mean this may change ( we will contact you if one is required ) will they will do the background checks first and if an interview is require they will then contact us later on and or its in the early stage to predict?

In your spouse case that was really quick with the decision a very good thing indeed, happy for u ... hoping we will get some good news soon my spouse medical was received and passed in August almost 2 months ago.

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018
Med's Request
10th August 2018
Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
Trinirock thanks very much I sincerely appreciate it and
1. yes it is spousal app.
2. My spouse traveled to the states a few times but does nt have any issues with the law or US immigration.
3. Since it states no interview required does that mean this may change ( we will contact you if one is required ) will they will do the background checks first and if an interview is require they will then contact us later on and or its in the early stage to predict?

In your spouse case that was really quick with the decision a very good thing indeed, happy for u ... hoping we will get some good news soon my spouse medical was received and passed in August almost 2 months ago.
No#3 is a tough one for me to answer as that only depend on IRCC... I have been following the June 2018 thread and saw people already got pre-arrival and passport request

but I honestly think this coming week a few of you'll will receive some notifications from POS!

Reactions: Riri16

mellnick2016

Sep 4, 2018
Hey when your husband delivered his passport with the supporting documents was it at the Embassy or the VAC office on Port of Spain? Also how would you find out that the passport is ready? Did they say how the will notify your husband?
the VAC office, the VAC office sent it to the Embassy. We got an email a couple hours after submitting it with a tracking number that you can check the status of your passport @ https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-TT/selfservice/status

Our GC Key was switched to final decision made on Friday and he has been approved and the COPR has been placed in his passport. We are waiting for them to email us to tell us to pick it up at the VAC. We are like 99% almost there :)

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018
Med's Request
10th August 2018
Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
the VAC office, the VAC office sent it to the Embassy. We got an email a couple hours after submitting it with a tracking number that you can check the status of your passport @ https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-TT/selfservice/status

Our GC Key was switched to final decision made on Friday and he has been approved and the COPR has been placed in his passport. We are waiting for them to email us to tell us to pick it up at the VAC. We are like 99% almost there :)
Wow that's great news! Thanks for the info

Reactions: Riri16

Maya Canada

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
No#3 is a tough one for me to answer as that only depend on IRCC... I have been following the June 2018 thread and saw people already got pre-arrival and passport request

but I honestly think this coming week a few of you'll will receive some notifications from POS!
Trinirock thanks very much .

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Moving one step closer! Just saw my background check changed from (background check in Progress to we are processing your background check!) Anyone have an idea how long pos takes to process background check once started?
Hey.. Did you hear any changes when you call the toll number before the golden email?

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Hello everyone, my husband got Pre-arrival letter this morning! And 1hour later got PPR thank God!! we are overwhelmed with joy! This has been a tough journey and for those of you still waiting keep faith and out it in God hands!!
Congratulations trini rock

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Good day everyone!

I sent out an email on October 19th to the IRCC with regards to hearing if was received. I got back a response today with a file # with the information that it is undergoing initial processing and will be contacted further in due course.

Hoping this means i'm getting somewhere lol.
When was your application submitted?

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Hello there,

I am from another thread and I was just wondering if any knows what happens after the RPRF is requested. Is it usually an interview or PPR?

Thanks in advance
Most likely PPR. They wouldn't ask you to pay the right of permanent residence fee if they still have doubts. And an interview is usually called if there are doubts.

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018
Med's Request
10th August 2018
Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
Hey.. Did you hear any changes when you call the toll number before the golden email?
The only change I heard was we have began processing your background check. On the ecas says decision made but on the gckey still says we are reviewing your eligibility and background check is in process.

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
The only change I heard was we have began processing your background check. On the ecas says decision made but on the gckey still says we are reviewing your eligibility and background check is in process.
Oh okay... I'm still waiting.

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018