+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Maya Canada

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
No#3 is a tough one for me to answer as that only depend on IRCC... I have been following the June 2018 thread and saw people already got pre-arrival and passport request

but I honestly think this coming week a few of you'll will receive some notifications from POS!

Trinirock thank you again for all your ongoing support.
Hi does anyone know what is the migration unit at the high commission in port of Spain is this separate from the visa section office entirely? also does anyone know of a reputable immigration lawyer with great expertise In Trinidad ? any advise thanks

Maya Canada

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Thank you

Hi does anyone know what is the migration unit at the high commission in port of Spain is this separate from the visa section office entirely? also does anyone know of a reputable immigration lawyer with great expertise In Trinidad ? any advise thanks

Maya Canada

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
hi
App sent-Oct 17th 2017
Aor 1-Nov 27th 2017
Schedule A & PCC sent -Dec 15th 2017(I was 2 weeks behind schedule due to hurricane Maria)
File Transfer T&T-Dec 28th 2017
Aor 2-January 8th 2018
Medical request-March 23rd 2018
Medical submitted-April 2nd 2018
Medical passed-April 3rd 2018
PPR & Pre-arrival- May 9th 2018

Passport submitted-June 5th
BGC in progress-June 6th 2018
BGC completed & Decision made- June 15th 2018
Passport received- June 19th 2018

That's so great congrats as you begin your life in Canada

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Uhmmm.... I don't know. But I remember when I sent a letter to the office they replied and that was the address where the letter came from.. migration unit etc. Not sure if it's different

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hey POS, I saw online that the VAC office in POS Trinidad will be closing for good on the 1st November. My husband recently got his PPR but he is unable to submit his passport until the 5th November...does anyone know where is the new drop off location? Is it at the embassy directly???
Trinirock, the VAC in POS stays open for the remainder of November to finish the applications that they have. They closed for good on November 30th, but you can still arrange pickups until then. They are just not taking anymore applications after November 2nd.

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018
Med's Request
10th August 2018
Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
Trinirock, the VAC in POS stays open for the remainder of November to finish the applications that they have. They closed for good on November 30th, but you can still arrange pickups until then. They are just not taking anymore applications after November 2nd.
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately my husband is unable to submit his passport before the 2nd November... he can only submit his passport on the 5th November, so we are now inquiring where to submit his documents???

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately my husband is unable to submit his passport before the 2nd November... he can only submit his passport on the 5th November, so we are now inquiring where to submit his documents???
Oh No!!!! Call them and see if you can make the dropoff on the 5th. seeing that he is sooooo close. The best to your family.

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018
Med's Request
10th August 2018
Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
Oh No!!!! Call them and see if you can make the dropoff on the 5th. seeing that he is sooooo close. The best to your family.
Just call the VAC in Port of Spain and they said tomorrow 1st November 2018 the consulate will update the website with new instructions regarding where to submit passport etc.

Reactions: Riri16

mellnick2016

Sep 4, 2018
You still take his passport to the VAC, they are just not accepting new applications.

Reactions: trinirock

mellnick2016

Sep 4, 2018
Hi All, I can tell you the journey was not easy nor fast but so worth it, we applied February 14, 2018 and made it through with all of the processes as of today October 31, 2018. So it takes about 8-9 months from AOR. My husband has his COPR (certificate of permanent residency) and his passport back today. He will be coming home with me on November 16, 2018. Much love to you all and keep strong and check your emails everyday, your on line GC Key or government on line services or the 1-888 number.

On Line Services link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=
GC Key Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Immigration Toll Free #: 1-888-242-2100

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Hi All, I can tell you the journey was not easy nor fast but so worth it, we applied February 14, 2018 and made it through with all of the processes as of today October 31, 2018. So it takes about 8-9 months from AOR. My husband has his COPR (certificate of permanent residency) and his passport back today. He will be coming home with me on November 16, 2018. Much love to you all and keep strong and check your emails everyday, your on line GC Key or government on line services or the 1-888 number.

GC Key Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
All the best in the future!

Reactions: mellnick2016

Shailynn

Nov 14, 2017

Congrats on receiving your copr Safe travels! Your husband dropped his just dropped his passport off a week or so ago right?

Maya Canada

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Good afternoon,

I was wondering if anyone has been through the interview process at Port Of Spain and can shed some light. I applied to sponsor my husband Nov. 2017 and have been notified of interview time and date in POS. I have a few questions.

1. Does the application typically get approval or disapproval on the spot? Considering the office is closing permanently days after the interview what can we expect? With the PPR, is this simply to stamp it with the visa? After interview, how long did to you wait for approval?

2. I'm considering if I should attend the interview with him in person. The flights would be quite expensive so I'm wondering if being there in person with him helps or if there is no difference and it is just as fine to stay and do the phone interview

3. He would require an ARC and we've been told this would be dealt with in the application. Is the ARC something that can also be approved the same day and just paid for if the IO is satisfied or if this would be a separate application process/ issued at port of entry

4. What kind of questions were asked?

Thanks for your help! Kind of nervous
Usually the interview is because if they have some concerns of the relationship and or since you mentioned he may need arc
Your spouse was in Canada so they may ask all immigration history at the interview, scrutinized, what country is your husband from ? How long was your husband in Canada why would he need arc , was he a long term overstay ?

2. Usually they write to inform you of the decision some have been told of the decision on the same day depending of many factors.
Most times if the spouse attend the interview they don't question the sponsor. So may be good to attend cause it proves you are there but if it's costly then it's an issue.

3. Arc usually takes some time to process sometimes 2 months and more depending on the visa office and or sometime the VO obtain this prior but usually questions at interview.

They will ask all questions about the relationship will try to send you a list from what others wrote in the forum
Hope this helps , when is the interview ? You mentioned the office is closing I think it's the vac closing

767 Wifey

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Dominica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
15-12-2017
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
File Transfer...
27-12-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
28-03-2018
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2018
LANDED..........
pending...
That's so great congrats as you begin your life in Canada

thank you! I landed on Saturday