May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
It has been explained in a number of posts that CIC/CHC is changing over to a new Computer system and program called GCMS.

(This explains why a lot of us have had the medical line removed). No worries. . .

starrinight78

Oct 25, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-1-11
Hello forum,

I just wanted to know how long does it take to get a student visa processed from the POS office?

Thank you,

starri

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Yeah its definitely not anything to worry about. Its all a whole system update. Was scared though! BTW, we're still waiting for a final good news. How long do they usually take to return back the passport guys after receiving all the documents? Less than a month?

HoneyBird2

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got mines in less than a month. submitted on the 4th and collected on the 21st.

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
CDNGirl said:
Yeah its definitely not anything to worry about. Its all a whole system update. Was scared though! BTW, we're still waiting for a final good news. How long do they usually take to return back the passport guys after receiving all the documents? Less than a month?
I think the timelines for Guyanese applicants are a bit longer though. Remember our paperwork has to travel from Trinidad to Guyana. . . ::)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey everybody,

Hope all is well.

I have been MIA for the last little while. I am taking Spanish courses and I focus most of my time learning as much as I can since I have nothing more to do at the moment.

CIC is the same old on my end. My last BFD was Feb 28 so I am hoping they sent something out. It's about friggen time they work on my file. Right? 6 months after my interview and still NADA.

@ CDNGirl, I think it's about a month, give or take, to pick up the passports from the CHC-GEO office. I always wondered if the applicant wishes to go to POS to drop off their PP if they will get it back within 2 days? I wouldn't mind doing that at all :)

@ Starrinight, the processing time depends on where you chose to send your application. If you are doing it through the CHC-GEO office then I believe it will be about a month before you pick your PP back up from the office. However, if you went to POS and handed it in person it takes about a few days to 1 week, I think *don't quote me on this*. You can always check the POS's website.

starrinight78

Oct 25, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-1-11
Hi confusednscared,

Thank you for replying to me. It's been since the 10th of January the documents were sent in. The overall CIC website says it should take around 10 weeks. The POS site, says sending it in should normally take between 2-5 weeks, depending on volume. It was sent into GEO, but transferred to POS. I guess I'll see if anything comes in next week. I suppose since POS has been processing the files that would normally be sent to Haiti, everything is taking extremely long.

Have a good night.

Starri

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
starrinight78 said:
Hi confusednscared,

Thank you for replying to me. It's been since the 10th of January the documents were sent in. The overall CIC website says it should take around 10 weeks. The POS site, says sending it in should normally take between 2-5 weeks, depending on volume. It was sent into GEO, but transferred to POS. I guess I'll see if anything comes in next week. I suppose since POS has been processing the files that would normally be sent to Haiti, everything is taking extremely long.

Have a good night.

Starri
Your timeline sounds an odd bit long for a Study Visa to Canada. If anything, they are probably verifying your documents, credentials and other information you have provided to them to make sure you fit into the category you have applied under.

When you made you submission to the GEO office did the secretary tell you when you should return to pick up your documents?

starrinight78

Oct 25, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-1-11
Hi Confused,

They didn't give me a date to go back to get my documents. I did see someone else online from the caribbean apply for the student visa and it took roughly 9 weeks to get a response. Guyana takes so long for everything. I have an authorized agent over in POS and they said that CIC sent my documents out through registered mail. At this point how long would it take for it to get to Guyana?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
starrinight78 said:
Hi Confused,

They didn't give me a date to go back to get my documents. I did see someone else online from the caribbean apply for the student visa and it took roughly 9 weeks to get a response. Guyana takes so long for everything. I have an authorized agent over in POS and they said that CIC sent my documents out through registered mail. At this point how long would it take for it to get to Guyana?
So, CIC has already made a decision on your application and mailed it out. This is what you are saying, correct?

Did you know approximately when CIC sent out the registered mail? It usually takes roughly 2-3 weeks for mails to reach Guyana, maybe shorter. I don't even want to get started on the mailing system in Guyana but do keep checking with your local PO every so often.

Hold on a second here. They sent a registered mail package to Guyana with your Passport included? That doesn't sound right to me. From what I have understood, unless otherwise stated or requested, POS sends all Passports back to the CHC-GEO office who arranges for pick-up by the applicant.

Did you know if your application was approved?

What program of study did you apply for in Canada and at which college/university?

alo

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011
AOR Received.
16/006/2001
File Transfer...
17-05-2011
Med's Done....
Feb 2011
Interview........
bipassed
Passport Req..
08/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
so i need some help.

my husband has 2 kids with his ex girlfriend. so we did their medicals and then when came time to do their passports she said no. (even though they are not coming with him right now) so should i or my husband write some kind of letter stating that his ex would not give permission to get their passports at this time therefore that is why that information is not included on the sponsorship forms?

i would like to send of the papers by next week but if this is going to be something that holds up the process then i want to make sure that i take care of it now

any advice would be great

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Your husband needs to have the letter done, and signed by the children's mother, preferably in the presence of a lawyer or notary. She must understand that if she blocks the process now, HE CAN NEVER SPONSOR THEM LATER. It is a very serious decision, and she needs to think about it carefully. If anything happens to her, their father will be barred FOREVER from bringing them to Canada to live with him. So make sure he explains this fully to her, and then if she is still set in that decision, he gets her to sign something in the presence of witnesses saying she understands and she has made that decision.

alo

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011
AOR Received.
16/006/2001
File Transfer...
17-05-2011
Med's Done....
Feb 2011
Interview........
bipassed
Passport Req..
08/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
ok hold on so just because she doesnt want to allow it now then when the kids get older (they are 3 and 5 now) and they decided they want to come up by us they can never come?

she is not allowing it right now becuz she is still bitter about their break up and just wants to piss me off. but he was just going to put that she is not allowing them to get their passports at this time so that is why they are not included on the forms. if doing that means they can never come up here then i am not doing that

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
alo said:
ok hold on so just because she doesnt want to allow it now then when the kids get older (they are 3 and 5 now) and they decided they want to come up by us they can never come?

she is not allowing it right now becuz she is still bitter about their break up and just wants to piss me off. but he was just going to put that she is not allowing them to get their passports at this time so that is why they are not included on the forms. if doing that means they can never come up here then i am not doing that
If they are not included in the paperwork when it is filed, you cannot add them later. They all have to do the medicals and submit the passport info together even if they are non-accompanying so he can preserve his right to sponsor them later, there is no option to add a letter saying she's not agreeing to it "right now" but maybe later she will change her mind. If you file the paperwork for him now and do not include them, CIC is going to ask him to sign a form stating that he understands he can never sponsor them at any point in the future. Those are the rules, I'm just telling you how it is.