bipassed
Passport Req..
08/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
Honey,

being a canadian let me give you a tip.....if you live near a wal-mart or there is one close enough to get to, go there. yes shoppers and rexall have good sale prices once in a blue moon on personal stuff...but you can always get a good deal at wal-mart. that is where i go to get all my personal items.

and once you start making canadian money they prices of things do seem as bad.....sometimes lol

good luck to you

HoneyBird2

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes we got sales on the toiletries...we went to shopppers drug mart. and got some good discounts. my hubby was like take it take it...lol..

confused for food shopping we go to dominion (thats the name i think) hubby says its cheaper although the walk is longer (about 15 mins from our home) we have a longos r close so we only go there if its like 10pm and we run out of something.

these days i am walking about by myself. went to the hubby's workplace by myself and then bank by myself. looks like they will give me unsecured credit card for 1000. cause of my immigrant status.lol.

i am busy at home fixing up my stuff. i still have not fully unpacked.and i have to start job hunting in the next two days. i need to organise my calender to get moving to a job. and possibly look at going back to school :( bleh.

alo

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011
AOR Received.
16/006/2001
File Transfer...
17-05-2011
Med's Done....
Feb 2011
Interview........
bipassed
Passport Req..
08/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
Ya longos is more of a produce kinda place and it is expensive. just look out for flyers you will find a lot of good deals or even better got to flyerland.ca and enter in your city and all the flyers that are active for your area are on there. it is a great website

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
alo said:
Ya longos is more of a produce kinda place and it is expensive. just look out for flyers you will find a lot of good deals or even better got to flyerland.ca and enter in your city and all the flyers that are active for your area are on there. it is a great website
@ Alo .... Wal-Mart aint cheap. They seem cheap but after picking up one of this and one of that and you get the bill, it doesn't work out cheap to me. I think they are the most expensive store to shop in Canada because of it being a Big Box store.

I love sticking to my SALE days/weekends :)

Honey, you have to shop at No Frills.... LOL .... Dominion/Metro is 1-2 pennies less than you would pay at Longos. But yea, they are super expensive. Honey, do you by chance live in the Downtown area of Toronto? Around Dundas to be specific?

HoneyBird2

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes thats where I live. :p BTW i saw winter jackets today for 79-99 CAD (Down?) Jackets. I was sooooooooooooo ;x
Winter stuff is getting cheaper by the day now. The only problem is finding the size. Small is very hard to get.

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
HoneyBird2 said:
Yes thats where I live. :p BTW i saw winter jackets today for 79-99 CAD (Down?) Jackets. I was sooooooooooooo ;x
Winter stuff is getting cheaper by the day now. The only problem is finding the size. Small is very hard to get.

Honeybird,
you are blazing trails eh? That's the way, you've hit the ground running. My wife was here a couple of times,
and she was here last winters, so she has a few items to get by with, and spring is almost here. She loves shopping
in Orfus road, you get great deals there, I think that you gonna like shopping there too. I am glad to see that you are
settling in, so much to see and do, but just wait for spring, you'll want to go every where.

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
confused,
any news at all?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
@ Mancrab, no news yet but I think they are working at snail's pace on my application. If at all, I think there is a hold up or delay in running my background check for Canada simply because I was very active in employment and volunteer service for the 8 years I have lived in Canada. I suppose they will send me something soon once things sort out from Canada. I can't bother fret with them for the delay in processing my application because I totally understand that they are doing their jobs according to what the law states.

@ Honey, ARE YOU FOR REAL? OMG, if I was still in Canada we could have been "meet and greet" buddies. I used to live in that area too ... just up the corner at Bay/College in one of the College Park towers. Then I used to work in the Atrium, just across from where you live and I used to shop a lot at the Canadian Tire across the street from you (mostly whenever there is a SALE on household stuff). Have you eaten yet from the Pickle Barrel or Red Lobster in the Atrium? How about St. Louis Wings or Spring Rolls? We never liked the food from the Spring Rolls in that building. My coworkers used to shop a lot at Forever XXI in the atrium and I used to visit the doctor at Sutherland Clinic in the atrium whenever I used to feel sick while working. OMG, I am so happy that you live in that area. It's super lively, minus the bums, and you have everything at arm's length. You must try out the Bamboo Garden Chinese restaurant at Dundas/Chestnut. My coworker once took me for lunch at the Chinese restaurant right across the street from you. I was too grossed out by it. Oh and there is EGGSMART up the street on Bay, such a wonderful breakfast place but I have scary stories to tell you if you ever want to know. It's kinda bummed out at that corner.

Oh, my best buddy used to work for Longos. They are so friggen expensive but whatevers... LOL .... if it's the same building I am thinking you live, it has a wonderful terrace in the summer and it's pretty upscale on the inside. One of our friends lives in that building.

Awwww, you are making me want to relocate back in the Downtown area. Trust me, you will fall in love so much with it especially when summer comes and you start working. You will be so hooked on it that you will never want to leave until you are ready to start a family. That area especially is awesome for couples but when it comes to a starter family, it's too urbanized and always on the go.

One last thing, DO NOT go out for too late night walks around that corner. A lot of bad, scary, un-called for crap happen in that area even if it's with your hubby. When I say late night, I am talking after 12-1 in the morning. And never give money to the bums on Bay especially the man with curly hair that sits on a box with a cardboard piece of note. His wife sits on the street adjacent the book store across from behind the atrium and collects money too. They then accumulate all their earnings and change it up at the LCBO in the atrium. Big tings ah gwan wid dem bums so never feel sorry for them cuz they are richer than you and I :D

Happy living :D :D :D :D :D

HoneyBird2

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the tips confused :) where you think i live is where i live. my hubby owns a condo in there.
I visited canadian tire..its um one street crossing away from me and take a minute to get too! :)
We also went to the Lobster place but had a bad experience there...the forks were dirty yuck andddd the first time we went lobster somewhere out in orfus area there was a hair in the food. yuck. hubby says he is never going back.
i like Japango. the plus is that its over the street from me~! and I like Kenzo Restaurant. Mostly we cook now and do the restaurant 1 per week or movies since I am not working we are checking the money carefully :)
There are alot of bummy people but to be honest i am facinated by them..lol. I don't give them money though.

on the side i really think that you really need to send an email or call your IO. If you know your IO's name, give him a call. I just think its taking way way too long. someting happened. like got lost or forgotton. thats my opinion.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
HoneyBird2 said:
Thanks for the tips confused :) where you think i live is where i live. my hubby owns a condo in there.
I visited canadian tire..its um one street crossing away from me and take a minute to get too! :)
We also went to the Lobster place but had a bad experience there...the forks were dirty yuck andddd the first time we went lobster somewhere out in orfus area there was a hair in the food. yuck. hubby says he is never going back.
i like Japango. the plus is that its over the street from me~! and I like Kenzo Restaurant. Mostly we cook now and do the restaurant 1 per week or movies since I am not working we are checking the money carefully :)
There are alot of bummy people but to be honest i am facinated by them..lol. I don't give them money though.

on the side i really think that you really need to send an email or call your IO. If you know your IO's name, give him a call. I just think its taking way way too long. someting happened. like got lost or forgotton. thats my opinion.
YAYYYYY !!!!!! Your area is so busy and oh man, you will be fascinated by a lot of things. Everyday you will find something weird and up-roll in that hood, sometimes funny and other times scary... LOL .... I used to love it. One day I wanted to get my facial hair cleaned up so I went to the Barber shop in the bus terminal on Bay to get a line up and shave .... the effing Middle Eastern dude charged me 30 bucks flat and it wasn't even anything special. I walked out of that store with my mouth opened. That could have been a day's worth of good cooking for my partner and I. Oh well, I learned a good lesson on that day.

I strongly recommend breakfast at Eggsmart on Bay/Elm. They have good morning breakfast and it's always fresh cuz that area is a busy location. On the contrary, we had bad encounters at the Red Lobster across the street from you. Our waiter was some over grown Indian dude that gave us such attitude and served us cold and stale stuff. I think that restaurant is losing their reputation in Ontario. You have to try em on the east coast.

I got in touch with our MP last week and he advised that my case is moving along as is. Like I said in an earlier post, there seem to be a hold up or delay in my background check from Canada and I think it's due to the fact that I was involved in a whole bunch of stuff. I am hoping to hear from them very soon. Remember too, my case was a bit more complex in the sense that I was removed from Canada, etc.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
we went to kensington (sp?) market to day. I found a west indian store with all trinidad curries, alcolado, real coconuts, avocado, baygon etc. It brought tears to my eyes :)
and that area is really cheap for food! wow. we bought 40 dollars worth of food which hubby said would normally be 60 dollars at longos. He said that he doesnt know why he never came before lol...(well honey you are married now...u have to feed for two especially as your wife is not working.. :p) So basically we are keeping the costs down by shopping more wisely. He is learning alot on price busters. We are gonna try the no frills place, where is the closest one you went to confused?

btw i received my sin card in the mail in a record 9 days. we applied on thursday 17th and go it on 26th. Thats processing and mail people! so ohip for sure on monday and to the Trinidad embassy to accredit my 12 years of driving experience to get a lower insurance rate blah bleh.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
HoneyBird said:
we went to kensington (sp?) market to day. I found a west indian store with all trinidad curries, alcolado, real coconuts, avocado, baygon etc. It brought tears to my eyes :)
and that area is really cheap for food! wow. we bought 40 dollars worth of food which hubby said would normally be 60 dollars at longos. He said that he doesnt know why he never came before lol...(well honey you are married now...u have to feed for two especially as your wife is not working.. :p) So basically we are keeping the costs down by shopping more wisely. He is learning alot on price busters. We are gonna try the no frills place, where is the closest one you went to confused?

btw i received my sin card in the mail in a record 9 days. we applied on thursday 17th and go it on 26th. Thats processing and mail people! so ohip for sure on monday and to the Trinidad embassy to accredit my 12 years of driving experience to get a lower insurance rate blah bleh.
WOW... LOL .... I never been to Kensington but I heard a lot of goodies about that place. I don't know why we never went there .. there is also the St. Lawrence Market down by the Quay area. Haven't visited that one either. Kensington is very diverse and has a lot of freshies on weekends. I like that you two are being wise with the spending on food and grocery. I like to be wise on my grocery spending. And, I don't buy NO NAME BRAND stuff. I like my original food brands but prefer to save a few extra bucks on them.

The nearest No Frills I know of in that area is down at Carlon/Parliament .... it's kind of a hassle for you guys reach there by TTC unless you want to check it out. The store looks small and always seemed congested to my eyes. However, there is apparently this really nice cafe/tea shop at that intersection. I never tried it but I passed by it a few times and it's always packed. You can try Metro/Dominion at College Park .... they are always fresh at that location mostly on weekdays. It's nice to take an afternoon stroll with hubby.

There is also Kitchen Table in the Atrium across on Bay where I used to love buying fresh flowers or quick picks for ingredients I forgot to pick up at my normal grocery store. At the end of each store day they used to mark down their fresh flowers. Used to drop by on weekends after I knock off my night shift from work and buy Sunflowers or Daisies to decorate my apartment and prayer room. BTW, I worked at the Liquor Store in the Atrium. I am sure you have dropped by there a few times already :D

If you are every craving Jamaican food go to Ritz at the corner of College and Yonge. It's a small shop on the left hand side facing North on Yonge Street. The jerk chicken and peas and rice is yummy. Sucks that I no longer eat chicken and other types of meat cuz I am so going to miss out on Swiss Chalet and all the other goodie meat restaurants I used to eat from.

Yippie on scoring that SIN card. They are usually fast with sending off dem SINs

I never got my license in Canada .... I should have coming to think of it now but I was never motivated to get it because I never owned a vehicle. I am still piggie-winking here to go get my GEO one.. but whatevsss ... LOL .....

I know I will have one heck of an insurance to pay when I get mine. I am planning on writing my G1 test the first week I get back to Ontario.... this is my #1 priority on my TO DO list.... I promise :)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Dear Mancrab,

I am so sorry for being arrogant about your wife's landing this past Saturday.

I hope that things went well and she is officially an excellent PR for Canada. Do share the Mrs. landing story and keep in touch.

Congratulations on the end of a long, tedious CIC process and to the beginning of a new life together and always :) :D

Star apple

Nov 8, 2010
:(Hi Guys

I got bad news today from my hubby he told me that he was denied. We started this process in July 2009 & now we feel devastated. The letter said u r being denied because u over stayed your time & was not granted permission to re enter Canada by Immigration officer.
So what happen was that in 2003 he was ordered to leave Canada because he got a criminal charge & was incarsorated at the time & was unable to leave Canada on his own. He was deported straight from the jail. So technical he didn't over stay his time because he couldn't leave Canada due to his situation.
So what we did was to get a pardon for the criminal act & when he went to his interview the IO ask for him to pay the right to return to Canada & the fee for over staying your time in Canada, so in all $1900. CDN. So that was paid & to not grant him entry into Canada after all of that hurts bad.
I need help on how to appeal this case