None
Passport Req..
08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
HoneyBird2 said:
I have landed tonight. I am officially a permanent resident of canada! :)
Congrads Honeybird....how is the weather treating you?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
HoneyBird2 said:
I have landed tonight. I am officially a permanent resident of canada! :)
CONGRATULATIONS HONEY!!! Your new life has finally started and I would like to wish you all the very best for this life together with your hubby and kiddies :)

P.S, I want to come back here in a few months and read greater news from you that you are expecting :p

Do you mind sharing how your experience went with the landing process? How long it took, etc?

cruises30

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 22/ 2010
AOR Received.
Jan. 21/ 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 20/ 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2011
LANDED..........
May 25, 2011
good morning everyone!

Its good to see confused back on the forum!!

Congratulations to everyone who is hearing great news from the embassy.

I'm wondering if anyone could shed a prediction on my case :) Seems like some people on here are dead on!!

Would our file be considered "straight forward" if my spouses children will not be accompanying him to Canada? Does that make things go faster since they are not coming with him? My spouse has never been married.

onedayatatime

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-29-10
AOR Received.
Jan-6-11
File Transfer...
Feb 11-11
Med's Done....
Oct-10
Congrats honeybird.....yes please do share how your experience was with the whole process and how long it took.

alo

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011
AOR Received.
16/006/2001
File Transfer...
17-05-2011
Med's Done....
Feb 2011
Interview........
bipassed
Passport Req..
08/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
ok i have a question

My husband lives in trinidad and we are in the middle of putting our stuff together to apply and i was wondering should he do the medical before we send the papers or are we supposed to wait until the ask us for it?

because he has an appointment next week but i dont want to pay all that money if we are supposed to wait until they ask for the medical

I would love an answer as soon as someone can help me out

Thanks

links

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-2010
File Transfer...
21-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
alo said:
ok i have a question

My husband lives in trinidad and we are in the middle of putting our stuff together to apply and i was wondering should he do the medical before we send the papers or are we supposed to wait until the ask us for it?

because he has an appointment next week but i dont want to pay all that money if we are supposed to wait until they ask for the medical

I would love an answer as soon as someone can help me out

The embassy requires that u do the medical before u send the application...they is a second copy of the meds document that u need to submit together with everything else to CIC....

Thanks

alo

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011
AOR Received.
16/006/2001
File Transfer...
17-05-2011
Med's Done....
Feb 2011
Interview........
bipassed
Passport Req..
08/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
thanks

i wasnt sure becuz i was speaking to someone that said they had to wait for them to ask for it so i am thinking maybe they were supposed to send it and didnt that is why they were asked for it

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Hi Everyone,
Landing was easy
They treat you nice when they see the paper in your hand :)

So you go to the normal line up, the officer will ask what your business is, show him the paperwork, he will make small chit chat and then send you off to the other immigration room. There you need to let someone know that you are 'landing' and they send you to the back of the room where there are lots of seats. There is no number to take, you sit and wait your turn. The officer just yells next! He will go through your paperwork, ask you if your address is the same and then you go to the other end of the room (the original entrance you entered) and there is a small room with two nice ladies who will take some information from you for a sheet and will give you loads of paper information about Canada. I got a nice red carrying bag as well :). Then its off to customs, so when you show them your papers, they will send you to the right and here is where the waiting is. There were so many people before me! I waited about an hour to get to the desk. Its very slow as they also process naught canadians who bring back stuff they are not supposed to bring in...and they go through those people bags with a scary details. But when its your turn, the officer will just check your documents. They do not open your suitcases. You just have to declare on the B4 Form what you are declaring (i declared my clothes, jewerally, toiletries, shoes, spices, dvds, electronic gadgets blah blah) you must fill out this form or else you will have to fill it at the airport = longer delay. The officer was very impressed with the fact that i had it already filled out. :) Money over 10 grand has to be declared on a separate form which I did not fill out home but which i had to sit and fill out there. So save the trouble and just fill it out before.

AT Toronto,
SIN Card was breeze.
OHIP wants a statement with an address. SO do that after the Bank and Phone who you can ask for statements.
Do phone after the bank. If you don't have a credit card, you need to make an additional deposit of 200 CAD to Rogers.

Clothes wise.
Winter Jackets are extremely difficult to get at the moment as Spring Clothes are everywhere.
In the BAY they searched an entire floor and came up with 1 Winter Jacket my size. NO options..it was a take or leave situation. It costed 139 as was on sale from 200. Its a Wool Jacket Lined Black and very professional looking for work.
In Eaton, I looked everywhere for boots (spent i think 2 hours) But if you never worn boots, it feels weird no matter what you try on and it looks funny. Even though everyone tells you it looks good. I got boots for about 140 CAD after discount again. Leather, waterproof. very professional look for work and jeans.
Today I am off to the bank and OHIP so i will keep you all updated.

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
HoneyBird said:
Hi Everyone,
Landing was easy
They treat you nice when they see the paper in your hand :)

So you go to the normal line up, the officer will ask what your business is, show him the paperwork, he will make small chit chat and then send you off to the other immigration room. There you need to let someone know that you are 'landing' and they send you to the back of the room where there are lots of seats. There is no number to take, you sit and wait your turn. The officer just yells next! He will go through your paperwork, ask you if your address is the same and then you go to the other end of the room (the original entrance you entered) and there is a small room with two nice ladies who will take some information from you for a sheet and will give you loads of paper information about Canada. I got a nice red carrying bag as well :). Then its off to customs, so when you show them your papers, they will send you to the right and here is where the waiting is. There were so many people before me! I waited about an hour to get to the desk. Its very slow as they also process naught canadians who bring back stuff they are not supposed to bring in...and they go through those people bags with a scary details. But when its your turn, the officer will just check your documents. They do not open your suitcases. You just have to declare on the B4 Form what you are declaring (i declared my clothes, jewerally, toiletries, shoes, spices, dvds, electronic gadgets blah blah) you must fill out this form or else you will have to fill it at the airport = longer delay. The officer was very impressed with the fact that i had it already filled out. :) Money over 10 grand has to be declared on a separate form which I did not fill out home but which i had to sit and fill out there. So save the trouble and just fill it out before.

AT Toronto,
SIN Card was breeze.
OHIP wants a statement with an address. SO do that after the Bank and Phone who you can ask for statements.
Do phone after the bank. If you don't have a credit card, you need to make an additional deposit of 200 CAD to Rogers.

Clothes wise.
Winter Jackets are extremely difficult to get at the moment as Spring Clothes are everywhere.
In the BAY they searched an entire floor and came up with 1 Winter Jacket my size. NO options..it was a take or leave situation. It costed 139 as was on sale from 200. Its a Wool Jacket Lined Black and very professional looking for work.
In Eaton, I looked everywhere for boots (spent i think 2 hours) But if you never worn boots, it feels weird no matter what you try on and it looks funny. Even though everyone tells you it looks good. I got boots for about 140 CAD after discount again. Leather, waterproof. very professional look for work and jeans.
Today I am off to the bank and OHIP so i will keep you all updated.

Honeybird,
congrats!!!!!! My wife will be in Toronto this coming Saturday, thanks for you continued advise, they are always helpful!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
confused, wat gwaan, whats new with your case, you've been awful quiet lately

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
confusednscared said:
CONGRATULATIONS HONEY!!! Your new life has finally started and I would like to wish you all the very best for this life together with your hubby and kiddies :)

P.S, I want to come back here in a few months and read greater news from you that you are expecting :p

Do you mind sharing how your experience went with the landing process? How long it took, etc?
hi confused, nothing yet?

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Mancrab said:
Honeybird,
congrats!!!!!! My wife will be in Toronto this coming Saturday, thanks for you continued advise, they are always helpful!

Boots are now super super cheap. I kicked myself this weekend. 250 CAD leather boots were selling for 50 CAD. I was sooo pissed. ;x
There is a sale also on the winter bubble looking coat. Canadian Spirit has them usually for 400 CAD but i got mine for 310. Yes I know its expensive but the woman said it would last for 5 years. My hubby invested in a really good jacket and he told me he had it for 10 years. Better to be warm than to be dead. So I don't mind the cost for those things. Especially since I don't have other costs (rent, hydro, electricity etc).

What i find expensive is creams-body cremes, facial washes-toiletries. If i had only known i would have stocked up to the max on those. Instead I was studying the weight and left alot of those behind.

Food is decent priced.

Mancrab all now there are so many discounts on winter clothing...get them while they last because even after discount its expensive! I have my gear for the next winter this year :)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
canuck0469 said:
confused, wat gwaan, whats new with your case, you've been awful quiet lately
Hey Canuck,

I am here man. Thanks for checking up. Since the year started I have been occupied with other stuff, more so, family related. My eldest cousin passed away last month which was some darn shocking news to the family. Had to be around to deal with the situation amongst the family and other religious ceremonies, etc.

On the contrary, I have been studying Spanish and have a lot of catching up to do since I missed a few classes. It's no biggie for the people here but for me, I value any sort of education more because I have put up with it through university in Canada for quite sometime so I still work at that university learning pace.

There too are days I just skip through the forum without writing anything because of no particular reason.

CIC is going at my case, slowly but surely. I am not longer going to nag or fret over the situation. I look at being away from Canada as an extended vacation which I am just going to sit back, relax and take it in as much as I can because I can assure you that once I get back, life will be HELL mostly due to trying to finish off my university education, etc.

How are things with you? Life, the wifey, the job, weather? Any talks of putting in one of those all inclusive vacations anytime in the near future with the wifey?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Honey,

I am glad you are adjusting just fine in Canada. I bet every time you go out to shop you do that currency conversation to what things would cost you back home, eh?

Well, we all learn the hard way. I hear ya on the prices of things. Sometimes you just have to shut your eyes on certain things and walk by because of the heavy, unnecessary price tags they hold.

My best advise to you on getting what I would call PCP's (Personal Care Products) is to buy them when they go on SALE. How? Well, each weekend I would make certain I pick up the weekly flyer and go through them just to see what PCPs are on SALE. You usually get great deals on PCPs from Shoppers or Rexall Pharma Plus. Mind you, I do stock up on my stuff because when they are on SALE you pay less than half price for the products including perfumes and colognes.

Skin lotion has a hefty price but once on SALE at Shoppers you get for 2.99 after marked down from its original 7.99. Trust mi gurl, my shopping basket would be packed with about 5 or 6 bottles in addition to my body soap, body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, facial products, deodorant, shaving gels, etc.

Oh man, I used to love those SALE days/weekends just for saving a few extra bucks on products. Oh, not forgetting the good laundry detergents that go on SALE too, if you are a person like me that does laundry everyday.

I heard food prices went up more than they were when I used to live there. I guess it depends on which stores you shop from like METRO, that eats up your money... LOL ....

Lemme know if anything is on SALE this coming weekend ;) :D